Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for something permanent, non-sticky and most importantly non-toxic that I can put on latex to make it look slimy and gooey, while it is actually dry. I was thinking of resin, but I thought that might melt the latex, discolor it or break down over time.

Anyone got any suggestions? This WILL be in contact with a (realtively) new born baby, so the non-toxic really is important here.

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,186 Posts
This WILL be in contact with a (realtively) new born baby,
um... how so?
how will this be in contact with the baby?

That will help in finding the right product.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Non toxic? That takes all the fun out of it.....

Some people use corn syrup(sp?)..Why I even watched a commercial recently that said it was good for you (lol true, not true that is good for you though). I don't know what sort of organic blood there is beyond ketchup.

Latex especially primer isn't exactly safe. While it may taste like Baileys it's quite poisonous.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was going to say paint it and then use 5 min epoxy on it but i dont think its non toxic. What ever you use please be sure to read all the tiny print. Just for giggles . Why is your baby going to be chewing on a severed arm for your haunt. I can see it now. oh so cute a baby with bloody nub. :p

·
Banned
58 Posts
You know if you've been using toxic stuff for years, your baby has already been in contact. There's really not much in this world that isn't toxic.

You could tear up the front lawn plant flax, hemp etc and create high fiber scarecrows?

Again Latex isn't exactly safe...remember the fda approved aspartame which causes cancer. Thank you mr Dumbsfeld.

You know the more and more I think of it baby food is pretty damn disgusting...use that...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL! Thanks guys :D
I'm due this August, so I'm working the baby into the props for the night. I have a latex cast that looks like the tail end of some horrifying insect and a baby hat that has a brain sucker on the top. I'm going to put those in an antique/gothic stroller in part of my haunt (where I will also be posted as a ghost mother). I want something to make the insect part look slimy, but that if my baby happens to decide to chew on it, it won't kill him.
It's never too early to start getting them involved!!!
I know this falls more under the category of a costume, since it's techinically going to be disguising my baby, but it is actually a prop piece that i"m putting together, so I chose this forum :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim, thanks for the link! That looks great :D Exactly the type of thing I was looking for.
Only problem is they have a minimum $25 order...now to convince hubby that I need more stuff! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts