Halloween Forum banner

Clue suggestions needed

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  great_ghoul 
How about mention of a pocket watch on the body. Someone finds the pocket watch, and it's stopped at a certain time. There could be a note in it that reminded the uncle to check his other clocks if that one stopped. There should be another clock in the house that has stopped at the same time. Behind there should be another clue.

Maybe the clue behind the clock is a cufflink....the one that is missing from the uncle's suit in the casket. Suggest that someone should put it on him. There could be another clue "up his sleeve" ;)

My first time I did this, I had a bit of help from my brother in case the 20 some guests didn't get it, but we didn't seem to have a problem. Just after dinner was finished, we had a lamp that was set up with an overhead projector plastic film on it (can you still get those these days?? heehee) and it had a clue about bats that was projected onto the ceiling. There was a bat set up next to a stack of books on the fireplace mantle. ONE of those books was one that was carefully pitted out by my bro to hold a note. Yours could hold a key or the sock itself with the note inside that you mentioned earlier.

In our, the final part was the finding of the key to the ghost who was haunting the mansion....which was attached to a skeleton hand in our backyard pond. I remember the shrieks when I heard them find it...it was amazing...but not as amazing as when they realized that the MAB_N on the keytag matched the name on the storage shed in the back and they finally located the corpse I'd set up there along with his diary of his terrible demise.

Anyway, just ideas that might spur you along...if you aren't ready yet, don't worry.....I've done dozens of these and some years, it's the night before and I'm still adding clues :) Have fun!!!!

Hope it's still going well Ms Meeple.....I would love to see pics when you get through. I have several Dutch people attending my party this year again (many of them much older, and I might like to use your sock idea for my party....it would help bring a lot of people together if only SOME people had a clue about "the clues"...if you know what I mean).

In any case, message me if you need anything more detailed or if you get stuck...but it sounds like you are well on your way. Best wishes for a very happy, and haunted halloween!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.