Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
redrum
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to cut my grass and set up my cemetery today wearing a clown mask.
The media that this clown mask is getting is funny (outside of the one that was allegedly trying to get kids into the woods).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Social media is helping this hysteria spread ever faster. Two cities in my area have had to increase police presence due to threats made online of a clown attacking the schools. Even if they are false threats, anyway in the area wearing a clown mask because they think it's "funny" is going to be in a bit of trouble:
Please note: According to Virginia Code Section 18.2-422, a person over the age of 16 is prohibited from wearing a mask, hood or other device to cover or conceal the identity of the wearer. A violation of this code section is a Class 6 felony, which is punishable by one to five years of incarceration and a fine of not more than $2,500.
I can just see a couple of idiot teenagers getting arrested for this!

·
Registered
681 Posts
So are you saying there is no Halloween in Va. because if you are going to a Halloween Party and your over 16 and you have even just make up on for your costume you could be arrested according to that law. And what about professional clowns and such like batman and others that do kids parties and stuff? Do they also get arrested? Isnt that like profiling? Hmmmmmmmm makes me a bit curious because there are some stupid laws out there.

In Arkansas It is illegal to buy or sell blue light bulbs. In Little Rock, no person shall sound the horn on a vehicle at any place where cold drinks or sandwiches are served after 9:00 p.m.

In walnut california Children may not wear a Halloween mask unless they get a special permit from the sheriff.

In Indiana Baths may not be taken between the months of October and March.

In Iowa A man with a mustache may never kiss a woman in public.

In Louisiana It is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless her husband is waving a flag in front of it.

In Massachusetts All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday. In Boston It is illegal to take a bath unless instructed to do so by a physician.

Some rural parts of Pennsylvania requires that you stop every mile to send up a rocket signal.

If you’re in Wichita, Kansas be sure to bring a shotgun. Before you enter the intersection of Douglas and Broadway you must get out of your vehicle and fire your shotgun in the air three times.

These are just some in some places and there are alot more.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think the code has more to do with intent. Clearly if it is Halloween and you are not engaged in nefarious activity you're good to go. But if you are on school property (and do not attend that school), then not only are you trespassing but you are doing so with your face concealed to obscure your identity and to perpetuate a known threat. If you do attend that school, then you are going against the school policy of concealing your face, and again playing on a known threat and disturbing the learning environment. Virginia can be pretty up-tight, but I guess it comes hand in hand with being a Commonwealth.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The state of Iowa list it about the same way about wearing a mask, but it says:

(a) A person is guilty of a misdemeanor when he wears a mask, hood, or device by which any portion of the face is so hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer and is upon any public way or public property or upon the private property of another without the written permission of the owner or occupier of the property to do so.

(b) This Code section shall not apply to: (1) A person wearing a traditional holiday costume on the occasion of the holiday; (2) A person lawfully engaged in trade and employment or in a sporting activity where a mask is worn for the purpose of ensuring the physical safety of the wearer, or because of the nature of the occupation, trade, or profession, or sporting activity; (3) A person using a mask in a theatrical production including use in Mardi gras celebrations and masquerade balls; or (4) A person wearing a gas mask prescribed in emergency management drills and exercises or emergencies.

·
Registered
353 Posts
My daughters school was put in lock down this afternoon because of a social media scare. Of course the media hyped this up to scare the parents. My daughter told me the school officials didn't even mention a thing to the students and kept a cool calm environment as to not scare the kids. I'm sure it is a combination of stupid teenagers and dumb kids making all the calls.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Apparently there was a social media hoax nationwide about clowns attacking teachers and students across multiple campsus. No lockdown here.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
What I find unbelievable is how many people are falling for this. Even the school threats had no location. It was the exact same post nationwide. I am shocked at how many idiots out there are believing suddenly all across the country killer clowns are roaming and have posted numerous threats to shoot any clown they see. Isn't this the first time I decided to use a few clowns in a carnival type setting. Can't help to wonder as I'm realizing how many not very bright people are in this world if it will be frowned on and people won't come here. Too late to swap plans now though. I've even read people's comments after a few sightings that a woman did apologize for after a photo went viral. It was on the news and she stated it was her young autistic son wearing his Halloween costume that he was over excited about getting. Many were shocked she allowed him to wear it "in lew of the tragedy's going on". (???) What's so sad is that people like scaring people and it's obviously a bunch of pranksters and I fear someone without a brain is going to shoot someone's kid that was carrying a prank too far. All of a sudden all the mentally ill in our society are dressing as clowns and murdering people. Right? If only they did they would be so easy to spot and avoid but what's really scary is most of them look like you and me. Parents are actually warning their young children there are clowns out there trying to kill them. Feel real bad for those in the clown industry. I'm sure all their Birthday parties this month are cancelled. :) Do people not remember the Ghostface phenom a few years back? Geez!

·
Registered
254 Posts
My daughter's school was closed yesterday due to creepy clown sighting also, except this time the clown actually accosted a woman and made threats to the schools.......or so she says.
Man, we used to hope and pray for snow to get out of a school day...now all you need is a report of a clown!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,113 Posts
I effing hate real clowns.Scary clowns notsomuch for some weird reason, but if there's a real person dressed as a happy, kid friendly clown is in a parade I'm going the other way. I don't begrudge these people a living, & while I'd be very happy if every clown just stopped clowning, I know that ain't happenin'.

It sucks that there's people out there that wanna ruin a legit business for people too. Just because I don't like them doesn't mean there aren't plenty of people that do & I'd imagine you can make decent money doing kids parties on the side with it.

It's also one of those things like Halloween that you do because you love it not because it brings the big $$$ so even though I hate clowns, I can relate to people screwing with the thing they love.

I'm sure once Halloween is over this will die down. Maybe we'll see it again when "It" premieres but my guess is things like this in general are more holiday related than anything else.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts