Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ground fogger (it doesn't have a brand name anywhere on it, it only says "ground fogger" on the side) that needs some TLC.

When I pulled it off the shelf, I realized there was still juice in the bottle (it wasn't me, I swear!) so I emptied it out and put some water in it to steam it clean. At first, it worked great - the extra juice in the lines went straight through and I got some residual fog. But a few seconds later (not long enough for the water to get to the heating unit) it stopped making the loud, obnoxious groan that it's supposed to make and instead started making a muffled, less obnoxious groan. And zero smoke.

A bigger problem is that over the last few days bubbles have formed in the small tube that feeds the juice into the machine itself (and as anyone can tell you, a hose with bubbles means no vacuum and no fluid movement). Thus, the water and vinegar trick won't do squat.

I'll do the best I can to remove the bubbles and get some movement back in these lines. But until then, anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Take it apart.

The pumps on these units are high pressure low volume pumps. They all work much the same. A piston is inside a coil and the coil is supbjected to 1/2 wave AC. This causes the coil to provide a magnetic 30 cycle pulse tot eathe piston. If you do not hear the clatter and instead here a hum, there is a good bet the pistion is stuck or one of the one way valves if blocked.

If you take pictures of the pump and post here I will try to assist you. If you take the pump apart take pictures and make sure you record where each spring is located.

Spinman

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can take a few pictures of it without the shell on, but I don't trust myself whatsoever to remove parts or unhook anything. I might get my mechanic/electrician dad to come and take a peek - now that I know it's a mechanical issue and not just a clog!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts