Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add some climbing skeletons to my house this year. I've seen tutorials on how to hang them on aluminum siding with Christmas light clips. I have cement board siding on my house which is not as forgiving as aluminum. I could probably find a plastic clip that I could slide underneath the siding but was wondering if anyone has the same siding I do and what you have done to mount them.

Climbing Skeletons.jpg

Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't have siding on my house. I have brick but here is what we used. We also used hot glue on some of them. I use hot glue all the time on my brick and its been fine. IDK if it will take the paint off siding though. I would test it first. I also seen a post where someone used fishing line and attached it to gutters and then the velcro. The velcro held up really well. The only one that kept falling was the guy on the pumpkin. His legs kept falling.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VELCRO-Brand-Industrial-Strength-5ft-x-2in-Roll-White/17617475

I decided to go with the smaller skeletons because they were lighter. I was going to put a large skeleton on the roof laying down like he was pulling them up but never did. Maybe next year. Here is mine from last year. I loved how it looked and will probably do it this year.

44461880_10156786035688415_3316306233933168640_n.jpg

44516094_10156786037053415_4031134593242365952_n.jpg

·
crossfit zombie
7,490 Posts
I don't have siding on my house. I have brick but here is what we used. We also used hot glue on some of them. I use hot glue all the time on my brick and its been fine. IDK if it will take the paint off siding though. I would test it first. I also seen a post where someone used fishing line and attached it to gutters and then the velcro. The velcro held up really well. The only one that kept falling was the guy on the pumpkin. His legs kept falling.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VELCRO-Brand-Industrial-Strength-5ft-x-2in-Roll-White/17617475

I decided to go with the smaller skeletons because they were lighter. I was going to put a large skeleton on the roof laying down like he was pulling them up but never did. Maybe next year. Here is mine from last year. I loved how it looked and will probably do it this year.

View attachment 580517

View attachment 580519
awesome display!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

View attachment 580517

View attachment 580519
Thanks for the suggestion. I have some of this type of Velcro and use it for many things. I will give it a try.:)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've heard of people using command strips as well since there's so many different types and weight limits on them.
I agree with this. They would be perfect. I have tried them on brick and they do not work. But they probably won't take paint off siding if removed properly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've hung skellies from tree trunks and the house (hardy plank siding - cement board). I've only hung on the siding using cord coming out the window. I used about 1/8" nylon cord to match the house siding (I used white on my grey siding, although you really couldn't see the cord behind the skellie); attach to a board inside the window and the other end attached to the spine - this holds the bulk of the weight. I then use fishing line to raise arms and legs to the position that I want. Sometimes to the feet/hands and sometimes to the knees/forearms. You can bring the fishing line thru the window, if attaching it to the main cord doesn't give you the desired look. You could also put some screws into the trim under the roof to attach the main cords. Do you have a pic of your house?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've hung skellies from tree trunks and the house (hardy plank siding - cement board). I've only hung on the siding using cord coming out the window. I used about 1/8" nylon cord to match the house siding (I used white on my grey siding, although you really couldn't see the cord behind the skellie); attach to a board inside the window and the other end attached to the spine - this holds the bulk of the weight. I then use fishing line to raise arms and legs to the position that I want. Sometimes to the feet/hands and sometimes to the knees/forearms. You can bring the fishing line thru the window, if attaching it to the main cord doesn't give you the desired look. You could also put some screws into the trim under the roof to attach the main cords. Do you have a pic of your house?
Thanks for this idea. I have thought about using fishing line. I have another prop that is pretty heavy that I have hanging form my house using fishing line. I guess I can experiment with these ideas and see which one works the best.
Thanks.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts