Halloween Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Well, I changed my mind...I found this antique, very-used, Dexter meat cleaver (it must weigh over a pound!) at an antique store in Micanopy, FL and HAD to have it and I decided to use it in place of the long knife I originally used for this prop. So, what do you think...a better choice??

I just posted these at my Forum page and Photobucket site.

Take sCare,

-Doc

·
Registered
27 Posts
Both look really good . I just hope that your TOT'ers have NO way of getting to them.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I think the cleaver is more suited for the scene. I mean, who uses a knife to chop off a hand?! You use knives for stabbing and gutting. It's all about the right tool for the right job and knife just doesn't say "chopped off limb" to me. Ya know?

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
You have chosen . . . wisely!!

The clever is perfect! Definitely the right choice. Sleep well, knowing what you have is perfect. :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Consensus

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the input. I'll keep it as the cleaver prop. I'll still a little more detailing to it, as suggested.

You guys are so helpful. Now, I still have three big props to complete and then touch up a few older ones...oh, and make more tombstones...and, then more....argh, dang longggggg list keep growing. lol. You know how it is!

-Doc

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My cleaver is plastic but very realistic looking.
I first looked for plastic one, but didn't like them. I just happened to spot this one. It feels like you could lob off a thigh without breaking a sweat! The top of it is kinda smashed flat a bit because obviously the previous owner/user had to use a hammer on it to break through bones. Kinda creepy, but SO authentic!

-Doc

·
Registered
68 Posts
The top of it is kinda smashed flat a bit because obviously the previous owner/user had to use a hammer on it to break through bones. Kinda creepy, but SO authentic!

-Doc
Sweet. Not only was it used for butchering, but for brutal, determined butchering. Lotta good haunt karma in this one. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts