Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all. Had a small hole in my canoe (fiberglass) and someone at work suggested "Flex seal" you know..."As seen on TV." Well I got the Flex seal clear and gave it a go. Yep, it worked very well indeed! A nice clear rubber like coat , waterproof and strong. So I was thinking about my paper mache props of life size figures (Lizzy Borden, Jack the Ripper, zombies etc. Please see my album..) I'm thinking this would be a good way to weatherproof and strengthen paper mache props for little $$$ and get max longevity from them. What do you think? Has anyone tried this yet? :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't tell Ox, My canoe has a glossy finish. Your right though that would be a consideration.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used the matte black version on my paper mache cannons last year. They spent the night out in the rain with no ill effects.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I tried the clear flex seal last year for some large leaves on my Man eating plant thing. I was using it mostly for texture and it wasn't too horrible. It gave a slightly rough texture and remained a fairly flat finish, as far as water proofing I bet it would work quite well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts