Halloween Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
That buggy is freaking sweet! And the windows look fantastic! I'm going to try and duplicate your windows but was thinking about trying red cellophane taped to the windows and leave all the lights on in the rooms instead of having to buy floodlights and red bulbs for every room.

·
Registered
891 Posts
That buggy is freaking sweet! And the windows look fantastic! I'm going to try and duplicate your windows but was thinking about trying red cellophane taped to the windows and leave all the lights on in the rooms instead of having to buy floodlights and red bulbs for every room.
Don't forget to post your results, preferably with pictures of the outcome. That's a much less expensive way to pull off the look if it works. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
As Debbie said, that will definitely be cheaper, but it did not produce the glow effect I wanted. I actually did not use flood lights as it was disappointing as well. The only thing that worked was Led Light strips hung on the inside all around the perimeter of the window and I had to “sandwich” the lights between 2 polyester shower curtains. Perhaps you will have better luck.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm going to try and duplicate your windows but was thinking about trying red cellophane taped to the windows and leave all the lights on in the rooms instead of having to buy floodlights and red bulbs for every room.
You can do it with your regular room lighting and some cheap plastic party tablecloths. Works really well. Here's a pic from last year.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts