Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm new on here and wanted to ask if anyone is familiar with a Halloween special that I've been trying to remember.

It was a clay animation Halloween special, maybe about 20-30 minutes long. I can't remember too much about the plot, but it centered around an old man with a wooden cart full of pumpkins who tells stories to a little boy and girl. The first and only time I'd ever seen it was about 4 years ago. I can't remember the name to save my life and I have never seen or heard anything about it again.

Anyone remember anything like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm, I don't think it's that one. I've never seen the Will Vinton special, so I can't be sure. But I know for sure that this was a standalone special and there definitely wasn't a pig character in it.

Thanks for the suggestion though! Now I have to watch it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just watched it. I don't know how I got the idea of a cart full of pumpkins, lol. Funny how our minds make stuff up. As soon as I saw the candleman I knew this was it, though. Good stuff. An enjoyable watch.

F

·
0 Posts
This is a great movie and not as old as the other claymation films we discuss on here. I do highly recommend Rankin and Bass Mad Monster Party and Will Vinton's Claymation Halloween Special. Vinton made some amazing stuff including the California Raisins and all their holiday specials. The best and creepiest of Will Vintons work is 1985 The Adventures of Mark Twain. The Mysterious Stranger:

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,343 Posts
The only other claymation-type thing I know of is Mad Monster Party and I think it's about 27 hours long. ;)
OMG it totally DOES feel like it's 27 hours long!! :D It did not hold up well over the years IMHO. I mean it's still interesting but I don't have it on my "watch every year" list.

I don't think I've seen this Spooky Bats show. It looks like it's only available on youtube, all the DVDs I see listed are Region 2 & US DVD players are Region 1.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a great movie and not as old as the other claymation films we discuss on here. I do highly recommend Rankin and Bass Mad Monster Party and Will Vinton's Claymation Halloween Special. Vinton made some amazing stuff including the California Raisins and all their holiday specials. The best and creepiest of Will Vintons work is 1985 The Adventures of Mark Twain. The Mysterious Stranger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diVqham5cKA
Yeah, I remember watching that one growing up and being really creeped out by it.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
OMG it totally DOES feel like it's 27 hours long!! :D It did not hold up well over the years IMHO. I mean it's still interesting but I don't have it on my "watch every year" list.
I should really give Mad Monster Party another shot but I just remember it being painful - visually well done but really slow plot-wise. But I've only seen it the once - maybe I was having an off day.

Looks like this one is from 2009. Which makes me kinda happy that there's still folks out there producing this stuff ( I figured it had to be fairly recent as there seems to be some heavy NBC "influences" to the closing theme.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
GobbyGruesome
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing