Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 277 Posts

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
ˆLove that both of you are getting really inventive with the found objects! That's a big part of Halloween for me - solving problems with what you have handy. Keep the updates coming!

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've been searching for a statue that looks similar to Anubis and finally found one with this Siamese cat. Turned out pretty nice. Putting a sealant on it right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
I am so jealous. Last year my wife and I wanted to do a Universal Classic Monster party. But we just couldn't get it off the ground. Just plane ran out of time. And things don't look to good for this year either. I am a HUGE fan. And LOVE what you're doing. If I lived anywhere near you, I'd be demanding an invitation! :) Look forward to seeing what else you're cooking up. Cheers!

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Witchy Poo inspired me to look around the house for some items I could turn gold as treasure items for my mummy room. I picked up a lamp at a garage sale for 25 cents because the glass was broken. I turned this into a scarab lamp. I had some busted up nesting dolls (broken portion in back) that turned into some lovely canopic jars. Glad I didn't throw that away. Finally some miscellaneous items turned gold. I added hieroglyphics to each stone.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Okay, hopefully this is my last gold project. I found this large glass decanter at a garage sale today for $2 and couldn't resist.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Here's that coffin/crate I picked up at a yard sale. I had planned to put this in my mummy room but I don't have a good spot for this monstrosity. Plus it's super heavy and I'm worried some little fingers may accidentally get slammed. My plan now is to put this on my dining room table (Dracula room) to display desserts. Put a candelabra on top and some other items.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Found this Creature from the Black Lagoon torso. It's $90 at Oriental Trading. It would have been perfect for the wall of our bathroom. But that's a little too high for an item that I wouldn't easily fit into future Halloween themes. For anyone interested in it, I did some searching and that seems to be the best price. It's $30 higher at some places. Plus they have a 15% off coupon code (through the 20th) if you do a search for it on the Internet. They also have a similar item for Frankenstein and Dracula. http://www.orientaltrading.com/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-grave-walker-a2-13576367.fltr?BP=11652&cm_mmc=TellApart

I have to say, I'm impressed with Oriental Trading on their Halloween props. In years past, they've been pretty cheap looking. This year, they have some nice quality items.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have friends in Naperville. Long way from me though, guess I wont make it to your party, LOL. I love all your ideas, I may have to try this theme in the future so keep the pics coming :) Did you sign up for reaper? If so I hope I get you cause I have a couple things that would fit your theme, HINT HINT Bethany.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The chest is great. If you wanted to use it you could mount some kind of stops like maybe attach some mummy hands on the edge so it wont shut all the way so fingers would not get pinched. It would look really cool tho on the table. Are you leaving it as is or are you darkening it?

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I did sign up for the Reader! That is a good idea about the mummy hands. I think I'm going to leave it alone regarding the stain. It has that classic ghost town look to it. My dracula room will be lighted purple or red so I'm not too concerned about shading.

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
I've been searching for a statue that looks similar to Anubis and finally found one with this Siamese cat. Turned out pretty nice. Putting a sealant on it right now.
It's Bast! She's beautiful! Again, this is something I'd pay good money for.

I'm loving your Egyptian decor. I've always wanted to see (possibly do?) an Egyptian theme, but that sort of stuff can be so hard to find.

21 - 40 of 277 Posts