Halloween Forum banner

261 - 277 of 277 Posts

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
If you like Scene setters, I have a few for you.

Pic 1 - Frankenstein's monster - this is full size

Pic 2 - Bathroom scene setters and toilet vinyl

Pic 3 - Medieval style scene setters

Pic 4 - Skulls and body parts - I've outlined the body parts with glow in the dark paint.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Want to make a room to ward off vampires? Here are the materials I used for my Transylvania inn room. It includes over 50 crosses, images and one virgin Mary wall art. I include a pic for reference -- I used tacky putty to hang these. Some of these had gems glued on which fell off. I have extra gems if you would like them.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
I can save you a lot of toner ink if you would like any of these image pics I printed out.

Pic 1 - Creature of the Black Lagoon

Pic 2 - Universal monster portrait pics - These are glued to a thick black backing board

Pic 3 - Universal monster general pics

Pic 4 - Hipster Universal monsters

Pic 5 - Nosferatu series

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Some miscellaneous items.

Items to create your own werewolf. This is a child's werewolf costume. I cut the shirt apart to create a dummy. There is lots of extra material if you would like to create a better version than I did. He was kind of last minute.

I have some steampunk looking images I found online and used blockposters to enlarge.

I have some left over zombie related biohazard images.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,759 Posts
O M G !!! With Halloween over, just getting around to checking in on some threads and opened this one. Dawnski you have tackled more than anyone I know, not just one or two monsters in a theme. I have really enjoyed all your work and how you used your various spaces to decorate. This is a party I would have loved to have attended. Thanks for sharing all your progress photos and the tips along the way. You Rock!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi dawnski-

I absolutely love everything you did for your party-such amazing work and very inspiring!!! It actually inspired us so much that we want to do a classic drive in movie party as our theme next year!!!

Are any of your items still available in #263 thread? I really adore those posters you printed out-I can look what we have for trade but I think most of our stuff is packed up, and we did a country fear party this year, so not much hotel items but we do have an oddities wall every year too!

Thanks in advance, you are amazing!!!!!

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
This is a Grandinroad life size figure that I accessorized with gypsy wear. I picked up a few figures when they were on sale. I highly recommend them. They're sold out now but I'm sure they'll bring them back come August/September.

How did you make the gypsy woman? It looks like skeleton hands, but what about the head? Is she one of the things you are getting rid of? I would love her.

Fantastic decorating! I would so love to come to a party like this!

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
I waited for a 40% off sale. I think they were $99 originally plus the shipping. Oriental Trading also sold some life-size versions for $89 but didn't have the same kind of sale.

This is a Grandinroad life size figure that I accessorized with gypsy wear. I picked up a few figures when they were on sale. I highly recommend them. They're sold out now but I'm sure they'll bring them back come August/September.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #273

·
Registered
607 Posts
A happy find today! Probably will put in my Dracula room. Three feet tall, the weapons are made of metal and can come off.
Dawnski- I am just running into your thread and it looks like your party is long since over. However, THANK YOU for the inspiration! I am working on something similar for my kid's school carnival, where I will be working on the annual haunted house. This year the theme is CLASSIC HALLOWEEN, and we'll have the following rooms:

Vampire's Lair, Witch's Coven, Frankenstein's Lab, as well as a cemetery, haunted pumpkin patch (with werewolves) and spider room. But nothing gory, and all focused on the older versions of what Halloween used to be. Every year it gets bigger and better, and this coming year will be no exception.

I had gotten "stuck" on Vampire ideas, as the internet does not offer a ton of set/scene pictures. But this Shield and swords.... I love it. I want it. I will be a garage sale-ing FOOL for the next 9 months and I am determined to find something like this!

Thanks for the continued inspiration! And I also loved your stain glass windows... GREAT idea!

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
If you need any suggestions, let me know. When you're garage sale hunting, look for old sheets, especially satin. I used those as "curtains" and it added a very classic, gothic atmosphere while using up a lot of wall space. Or any curtains that might look gothic if you added black spray paint. I think it's awesome your school does an annual haunted house. If you check out my Pinterest page, I also have a lot of boards for various classic Halloween themes. Just scroll through them. http://www.pinterest.com/zim2

·
Registered
38 Posts
Do you still have movie monster props still left? i am having a vintage movie monster themed party this year and i might be interested if you have anythng left !

261 - 277 of 277 Posts