Halloween Forum banner

241 - 260 of 277 Posts

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
The luminaries looked great outside in the evening. In the small bushes I have a set of battery operated string strobe lights that include thunder storm sounds.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
It was nice to see the guests get involved with the different props. Several people got scared of the John Doe prop. They were not expecting it to move. That was well worth the money! Since I started doing themed Halloween parties, our guests really have stepped up to the challenge. We had many vampires, a couple Invisible man, wolfman and Frankenstein monsters. I don't like to include all the costume pics for people's privacy.

Now we get to do this party all over again this Saturday but for a teen crowd.

Attachments

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Your guests do look involved in your pics! That's so cool. You know you really grabbed their attention and I am sure they were glad they went to your party. You got lots of good photos too, which are fun for us to see.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I am really impressed. Everything looks outstanding! You should be very proud of all your hard (fun) work. :) And thanks for letting all of us enjoy it with you.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Thanks everyone! When I finally start to take all this stuff down there are a number of pieces I would like to trade if anyone is interested. I'll post them here on this thread. Next year's party will be a hotel theme. I'm looking for hotel related items and creepy curiosities that I might put on all these shelves I have. It's going to be a Twilight Zone Tower of Terror meets Grandma's attic kind of vibe.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Pumpkinpie, I can't believe how awesome those LED lights worked out. I encourage everyone to run out to Spirit after Halloween and pick them up when they're 50%. I have a ton of string lights but the LED spots really made any props looks 10 times better.

Omg Dawnski...everything looks amazing!!!! I love how great lighting can make everything go from awesome to amazing :) Glad you all had fun, the kiddos will love it :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just an FYI for anyone interested in those LED spots. I also saw them at Home Depot for, $14.99. The exact same ones as Spirit. My local one had them in Blue, Red and Green. I stocked up. And Dawnski is correct. They make the props come to "life"! Mawhaaahahhha!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Dawnski - great job, wonderful use of found items and inspired decorating.
I picked up a few of the LED spots this year as well. Hidden in corners behind chairs and furniture, they added a great lighting effect to the rooms.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
I don't see how to get to the for sale sub forum except by accident so I'm just going to post these here. I went through all my Halloween stuff and have a ginormous amount of items I no longer need. More than what you see here. If anyone is interested in trading, drop me an email. If you want to buy only, then I'll have to add on the shipping charge. For 2014 I'm doing a haunted hotel. I'm looking for anything that would fit with that theme. Besides the usual hotel type stuff, I am looking for any oddities or gothic style items--think creepy attic items.

First on the list are large wall art.
Pic 1 includes movie posters of Frankenstein, Invisible Man, The Mummy and Creature of the Black Lagoon. Gently used.

Pic 2 are homemade wall art using the blockposters site. The lab wall and the creature have been outlined in glow in the dark paint. He stands about 4' tall. The werewolf has the quote, Even a man who is pure of heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Pic 3 are "stained art" that went on my door and windows. FYI - I would have to fold the door art in half to send.

Pic 4 I have a series of Alice posters if anyone is doing a fairy tale or Alice themed Halloween party

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Let me know if someone wants these lab wall components I made. These look good in regular light. It is painted in black, green and fluorescent orange. I like the piece that looks like a mini furnace. We put our iPad inside to show Universal movie pics but you could back light this for an orange glow inside or do some kind of fire effect. The circular pieces are the front of old oscillating fans. I used a clear poster tube in between to create the lab effect you see. I still have this tube which I can send if you decide to pick up some posters.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
More items for trade or sale

Pic 1 - The awesome glow baby. This is opaque plastic back lit with string lights with glow in the dark paint accents.

Pic 2 - Mummy cartouches. Be aware that these are front view only. They are nesting dolls I bought at a garage sale. The backs are broken.

Pic 3 - Bottles of all sorts

Pic 4 - Giant test tubes. These are actually used for playing paintball. I used doll stands to hold them upright. I'm not sure if you could keep liquids in them if they are laying sideways but they held liquid standing upright.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Whoops, I added the wrong mummy picture. Here's the pic of the cartouches. That mummy is also up for trade or sell. He was a moving ground breaker but he cracked off the frame. Now I just use him to drape over items. The head and shoulders have a wire frame so it is not floppy. Also for trade or sell is an unused gutter ghost (example pic below) still in package, a Try me button (didn't work with my non-Spirit John Doe) and Creature of the Black Lagoon figure.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
More items for trade or sale. Just drop me an email.

Pic 1, 2 - Zombie torsos. These are target practice sheets that have been cut and laminated, then attached to a cardboard backing. You can put them on your wall or attach to PVC for a full figure. The two female figures have material skirts attached. You can also see in that pic the many items I have.

Pic 3 Monster cages - two hanging cages, one with a hunchback and the other a decaying corpse

Pic 4 Project build miscellaneous and some DVDs. One is a compilation of I believe 100 horror movies, Tales from the Darkside TV series and Friday the 13th TV series. The TV shows are pretty tame and might be fun scares for tweens.

Attachments

241 - 260 of 277 Posts