·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #221

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Oh my gosh, so check this out. I bought the GrandinRoad Victoria prop on sale, thinking I would use her for next year. Then an epiphany happened. I stuffed her hair and netting into the wig. Perfect since it had all that extra space for the beehive. Look, I now have a Bride of Frankenstein to go with my Frankenstein. Can't wait to put them together.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
My drink special menu. We hire a bartender for this event because there's too many people to serve and enjoy the party at the same time. Mummy's curse, Corpse Reviver and Dracula's blood red margaritas

Attachments

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Brilliant dawnski , i love the Universal monster classics and i love everything you have been making and adapting for your party , with me anything from the original universal monsters is fine by me even though my daughters think there lame and boring they have a special significance to most of us horror fans , i reckon yours is the party to go to ..... wish i could come hope you have a fantastic time i am sure it is going to be a massive hit.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Oh my gosh, so check this out. I bought the GrandinRoad Victoria prop on sale, thinking I would use her for next year. Then an epiphany happened. I stuffed her hair and netting into the wig. Perfect since it had all that extra space for the beehive. Look, I now have a Bride of Frankenstein to go with my Frankenstein. Can't wait to put them together.
She looks awesome! ...I love the werewolf on the wall. Nice. :)

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
I could not get my Frankie and the Bride together in the spot I originally had. Plus they looked so nice I figured people would want to do a photo op with them. I rearranged some furniture and now they are a focal point of the room. Worked out much better. The old area is now an appetizer area.

I'm also including a pic of the before pic of my bride. This is GrandinRoad's Victoria with all her hair and gauze pulled up into the bride wig. I added green lights to go with the lab.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Here are the before and after shots of the basement. The only big things I had to remove were the music equipment (Drums, Guitar).

All of the husband's action figures have been stored away. That was the most time consuming of this makeover.

We have our friends and family party this Saturday with up to 70 guests and the following Saturday is our teen party with about 20-30 teens. Transformation is complete!

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
One last little add on. I picked up a large aquarium tank for my daughter who wants to build a terrarium. Since we didn't start that project, I could let this awesome prop go to waste. I had that animated hand in the room. But it doesn't move well on carpet and I felt it would be lost or keep falling off a table. Now I've made a little habitat for him. The brave kids can stick their hand in and activate him.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Starting to set up for tonight's party. I'll try to add some pics here if I have the time. Here are the "stained glass" windows I made for our kitchen. You'll also see part of my version of Maleva the gypsy from the Wolf Man.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
The living room has a small homage to Dorian Gray. This picture changes to an old, decrepit version of Dorian. This is part of the Invisible Man study. Also wanted to say thanks to my Reaper who got me the nice skull towel.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
My friend dropped off her awesome sarcophagus and GrandinRoad mummy. Thanks to the fellow HFer who told me that sarcophagus was for sale in my neighborhood. I knew it would be perfect for her and then I get to borrow it! Always nice to have a friend who loves Halloween as much as I do. The detail on the sarcophagus is amazing. It is in 3 pieces. I'm including the original sale pic so you can see it in regular light.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
I'll try and post a few more pics later. Here's a sampling of our Frankenstein lab basement. The lighting turned out perfect!

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Some full view pics of the room.

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Had some time today to share a bunch more pics. Here is Ye Olde Village Inn

Attachments

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Some of the smaller props from the Mummy Room. Many of these items were from thrift stores or garage sales and repainted.

Attachments

221 - 240 of 277 Posts