Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Halloween peeps I have a question for anyone of everyone... in my class today my homework assignment was to discuss about a web site ( im taking web design classes) anyways I had to choose something only because the teacher could NOT think of anything of a topic for me based on the web development and she was VERRY curious about me and about Halloween,. so since I had to choose.. guess what was the FIRST THING that pop in my head....................... hehehe yup HALLOWEEN FORUM and now I have to um discuss the website, how many people are involved yeah really, teacher is VERY COURIOUS and anything of everything so i would like a little bit of help here .. what can I talk about lol yeah i am kinda brain dead at the moment :D

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
"How many people are involved?" Just start down the list of posters from one or two day's time and look at the number of posts some of us have, that should tell quite a bit, I would like to think.
Look at the "Joined Date" too above the name of our location.
There are So Many Subjects and So Much information here concerning Halloween! Someday it will be 300 feet tall and walking down the Metropolitian streets terrorizing entire populations!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,472 Posts
All the sections, the weird thread topic titles & how this is the only place where you can tell someone what they did was disgusting & it's a compliment!

Examples you could discuss:
There's a separate section for Music, Props, Tutorials for making those props, horror movies, etc.

How we have certain topics "stickied" like merch sightings & what's Halloweeny on TV today, Birthday threads.

How certain threads have over 1,000 pages (what did you find/buy).

How this is the most courteous, helpful forum ever & we don't discuss politics ever which is probably one reason it's courteous & helpful.

Some of the thread titles are interesting too, just pick any random page & you'll find one. On page....501 of the prop section..."Rising Spirit from Hell." On page 11 of the General Halloween section "Butcher Scene 2013." First page of the Costume section "Smoking Body" & "Peeled Face."

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
A tabloid newspaper could click-on here if they need a title for one of their articles:"Smoking Body--"Peeled Face".. and so it goes....Very Good RCIAG!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohh sweeeet!!!! Yea there like soooo much going on here and i cant keep up. But im finding ut amusing that my teacher is curious about me and the halloween forum and this class is publishing on the internet and we r making web pages ... thanks everyone fof giving some ideas about wat to discuss lol u guys rock!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since it's web design class, the teacher may be looking for information about the website's screen layout, color scheme, ease of use, visual impact, etc.
yeah I was wondering about that as well but teacher said she curious bout me and about Halloween forum she says likes Halloween and yet at same time she clueless about a topic for me.... and she straight up said write about the forum cause she wants to know more.... so where can I find out about the design or which CSS rule was used....

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
We also do the secret reaper exchanges where virtual strangers buy or make things and send to others.

Also the Pay It Forward thing where we send gifts to someone for no reason except that we have or find something that might brighten their day.

Also there are real meetings where members get together in person and Make and take items home.

It is the best group of people that I "know" or know in real life.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
On the purely technical aspects of The Halloween Forum web site , there is something odd that bothers me sometimes. Just when I begin to feel I have a definite mind-link with the site, I find I Still, after all this time, have push keys to make things happen!?
Does anybody else have this problem?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,472 Posts
so where can I find out about the design or which CSS rule was used....
I'd PM Larry, I'm sure he'd be glad to help.

Why doesn't your teacher just visit or join? Even if she never posts she could see pics & read the place.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Be sure to mention the longevity and growth of this particular website. I'm involved in other sites that are stagnant or short-lived. Science & Medicine, Current Events, Sports for example. The membership bases there are stable. But here, I've seen it grow from maybe 10 currently visitors on-line to the numbers you see today. It's astounding. And still growing! We've lost a lot of members over the past decade, but we've gained so many more that it's hard to believe. And, Worldwide! Naw, Dude, you picked and excellent topic for discussion...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts