Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help with a possible circus tent idea....anyone know of any tutorials on how to make one? i want to just cover half the opening to my garage as cheaply as possible.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Either go to a local fabric store and see what is on clearance. Other option might be to buy canvas drop cloths used for painting and paint or dye them with the color you want. You could probably glue together with contact cement or even sew together panels. For support poles I would look into using PVC pipe.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,726 Posts
Dollar store tablecloths, stapled together? Depends on how large you need it to be. I made a tent effect for my living room vaulted ceiling using about 10 red/white tablecloths with a hula hoop as the centerpoint and pinned them to the ceiling but with enough slack to allow them to billow down a bit, but you could do the same thing with a peak - gather all at one end, split in half so half goes to one side, half to the other and secure so it drapes like a tent?

I also did make some basic flats and painted them red/white to use as a backdrop, might work for fronting a garage?

·
Registered
13,655 Posts
I've seen a number of garage-opening circus tent photos here on the forum. I know I've seen people paint stripes on cloth too with paint and a roller.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Red and white plastic tablecloths (large party city rolls). A few years back, I ran a wire about ten feet off the ground around the entire front yard and simply stapled a length of tablecloth alternating colors. Very effective and inexpensive!
you have a picture of that?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Need help with a possible circus tent idea....anyone know of any tutorials on how to make one? i want to just cover half the opening to my garage as cheaply as possible.
We used 2 rolls of plastic tablecloth (red & white). Cut them in strips and taped each seam with packaging tape from behind. We used staples to fasten it to the wall and ceiling. image.jpg image.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts