Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so last year last minute I got the night off work so I threw together a quick carnival theme and ordered an outfit and mask off Amazon. I used a EZUP tent and used red and white party table coverings to give the effect of a circus tent. I was originally planning something in the garage but as I was testing lighting my garage door spring broke :mad:. It turned out ok and people seemed to enjoy it and I didn't ever realize how scared people are of clowns. This year I have a plan of extending from my garage door out a bit into the driveway. I was planning to get a bolt of fabric and then just start sewing red and white alternating to give the circus tent affect. I'll be using eyelet screws on the corners of my garage and steel cabling to run out to some 2x4's with eyelets at the top of them. to connect the fabric too. I'm just wondering since you all have more experience of maybe some other better ideas to create this effect. I have a bunch of buddies who already got their outfits it's all coming down to the build part now. If this isn't clear I can make up a quick drawing to illustrate what I'm thinking but just seeing if anyone had other experiences or ideas.

Here is kind of what it looked like not the best picture but I accidentally deleted most my other pictures when romming my phone also attached a short video. I know it's not as good as most peoples but after the garage door spring incident I literally had a couple hours to try and salvage so I'm trying to get ahead of the game this year.

5401206862639402071-account_id=2.jpg

<----Video

Also if anyone is wondering (I know there is a seperate forum for this) but for my music I just had these two songs playing together at the same time and just had them loop.

https://youtu.be/Jr9JVhr4R5Q
https://youtu.be/t6LCtiPSHL4

Sorry if this is in the wrong place mod can move if it's not.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Instead of sewing panels you could get drop cloths from Harbor Freight and paint the stripes. It would be cheaper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought of going that route and may try it out see how it turns out. I guess since it's dark it doesn't have to be perfect looking and probably shouldn't look perfect. Guess I'll run to HF sometime this weekend and see how it turns out.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I did a circus last year and ended up going with a black and red 10x20 party tent from ebay. It was about $290, but since my stuff stays up for 30 days, it was worth it. I originally was going to get a white tent and paint red stripes on it with a roller, but then the inside would have been too bright. The tents come with windows and I just spray painted the outsides black. Circus Tent 2015 PNG.jpg

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I'm in the process of painting tent panels. I was going to use alternating strips of color but hate sewing/taping, so painting is easier for me. I've seen several haunts that didn't do very sharp edges on their stripes and it really gave it an old, run down feel.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I used sheets, hung pvc pipe from the ceiling of the garage and used those thin shower curtain hooks to hang. I just suspended the pvc with wire, just used those hooks to screw into the ceiling of the garage

DSC00216.jpg

this is inside the garage

There is another full shot in my album, carnevil party

1 - 7 of 7 Posts