Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of doing a Carnival theme this year and was wondering how I could go about making a red/white circus theme tent?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I use 3 tents I have made with parts from these guys: http://canopymasters.com/
You buy the fittings and then pickup metal conduit at home improvement store. The conduit can be cut to lengths to make what you want. They also sell tarps in a wide range of colors including stripes. Their site is basic but I originally bought my first setup for my wedding reception in 2001 and they are still in business. I now use a 20'x20', 10'x20', and 12'x20' tent for our yard haunt. They have all kinds of fittings to make lots of different configurations. I'm sure you can come up with something and in my case we have enjoyed owning these to use for family outings, parties, camping over the years. If you're interested check them out and I would be happy to try and answer any questions you might have if I can.

·
Registered
118 Posts
2014-09-29 18.01.57.jpg

I took a 10'x10' canopy and used cheap plastic tableclothes from Party City or any party store, used a little geometry magic, cut, and taped together using clear packing tape. This will more than likely not hold up to strong wind, but its worth a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We did the same thing. Except we used duct tape for the stripes. Duct tape was on sale at a hardware store. So it ended up being cheaper.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I use an old metal gazebo frame (found at thrift store with out cover for $20) and cover it with clear plastic then project light effects on it from beneath. It looks very cool. Pictures don't do it justice. The moving lights underneath made it stand out n the neighborhood.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Eblore, thanks for sharing your photos! Your set up looks great and a lot of fun too!!

BTW some of those tombstones look real. Quite the set up there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I sell new and used "real" tents. Call me I've probably got what you want. I also make a cool maze.George Maser 864-761-7223 curtain chaos 2.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
www.tentsandsigns.com, My old out dated site with some pictures. Check eBay, I have 100+ listings - type - George Maser in the search bar for most of them and click on the store icon for the rest. The best way to find what you want is to call me directly - 864-761-7223, I answer nights and weekends too! Thanks

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
www.tentsandsigns.com, My old out dated site with some pictures. Check eBay, I have 100+ listings - type - George Maser in the search bar for most of them and click on the store icon for the rest. The best way to find what you want is to call me directly - 864-761-7223, I answer nights and weekends too! Thanks
Thanks George!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts