Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are in a new location this year. Last Halloween the new place, in a more "up-scale" neighborhood, got somewhere between 18 and 24. Well, that's going to change this year.
Yesterday I was in the front yard driving wooden stakes into the lawn. I will be placing Jack O'Lanterns on these on Friday evening. The Mail Carrier came by and saw this. When I told her about the haunt she offered to pass out flyers for the haunt with the mail if I print them up.
I've never done that, but, hey, it can't hurt. We'll need to cover ourselves with more treats, we're ready for 240 right now.
Has anyone else out there tried this before?

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Man you have a nice mailcarrier! We've put flyers up at the local grocery and on telephone/electric posts for garage sales, but never really "advertised" for TOT (we don't really run a haunt, just decorate). It'll be interesting to see how many newcomers you get. Keep us updated!

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
This is my first year for a large prop set (POTC ship) and I did make up a couple of flyers that I posted at the Halloween supply shops in town.....we shall see if they work......

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Mail Carrier came by again yesterday while I was putting up partitions. I gave her 80 printed flyers. She said that she'd spoken to other carriers, and they are all willing to pass them out. This could get serious...
We're now ready for 350 ToT's.

·
Registered
93 Posts
We've never promoted our haunt and yet word has spread and now we get between 500-800 TrTs every year! If we promoted, we would need to start asking for donations to help the candy fund!

Maybe next year... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh my goodness 500-800 TOT's. Last year we hit over 300-350 and there were moments where we were overwhelmed. They seem to come in spurts. We do a yard haunt with a fenced in walkway to keep kids off the props and running back through lights/electrical cords. They tend to gather on the porch :rolleyes:. too scared to go back down the walk. We are word of mouth going on 4th year. My husband/neighbors always want to call the newspaper and put up signs. I am just afraid how many might show. One neighbor laughing said we are going to need an officer for traffice control this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts