Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all!
What are your best cider recipes?
I've made a couple over the years, but just can't seem to find a really *great* one, so I want to hear all of yours!
What's your go-to recipe? What do you like about it? Let's bounce ideas off of each-other and get a good solid one!
I know I made this thread, but I don't actually have any good recipes...I just need one ;)

Also, post what you love to sip your cider out of! I LOVE to drink hot cider out of these cauldron mugs that Williams-Sonoma had, and the ones that Target had. I have one WS one and 6 Target ones (I bought literally every single one they had last year ;) )

tumblr_nuqamrvZrW1rk8n1uo1_1280.jpg

I also love to drink out of this stein that I got at Disney World during MNSSHP!
s-l300.jpg

Post your recipes! :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a really simple recipe. I really like the cider from Aldi, so I'll grab a couple gallons of that and toss one in a crockpot. If I'm just serving adults, I'll throw in a cup or so of alcohol (anything from caramel flavored from to apple brandy, depends on what I can find/afford) and a few whole cinnamon sticks. If kids will also be there, I'll just toss in the cinnamon. I let that simmer for a little on low till warm, then I taste for sweetness. If it's too tart, I'll throw in a little sugar (brown if I have it). I don't really have a measurement for the sugar because it'll depend on how much cider you make, and whether or not it's tart. Once everything is all hot and you can smell the cinnamon, it's ready and I turn the crockpot on warm. As the cider is drank I'll top off with more fresh cider and add additional sugar/cinnamon/alcohol as needed. I bet that if you had a small spice bag with apple pie spices in it, that would also taste yummy!

I also have the mug cake cup and that's what I like to drink my cider (or really any hot beverage) out of. I got mine at Target. I'm kinda sad because I have a mug from Target from ages ago that also looks like a cauldron, but the glaze inside has started to crack so I'm a little scared of using it. So last year I bought one just like the one you shared.

·
Registered
931 Posts
The best cider I ever made was when I juiced my own apples and simmered with Orange slices and cinnamon sticks.

If I do it again, I'll probably add some Jack Daniels Holiday edition... I'm not sure the exact name but they sell it during the holidays and it has a white label. I don't like whiskey at all and am a big old weeny when it comes to shots but I can sip this straight.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My go to Cider recipe is 1 gallon apple cider and 2 liters of Ginger Ale. Every one LOVES this. For an adult version throw in some Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum. Yum!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,772 Posts
I prefer my cider hard. Woodchuck is my fave but most any will do. Homemade cider turned hard is the best though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My recipe is the same as anji4062.
Couple gallons of cider in crock pot with some cinnamon sticks and caramel vodka. It tastes like those caramel/apple suckers. Yum.

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
My favorite is 2 parts good quality pressed cider to 1 part Fireball or other cinnamon whisky. Cinnamon vodka works too but I prefer the flavor of the whisky. At thanksgiving and christmas I like to substitute cranapple juice for half the cider.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts