Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, that caught my eye yesterday. It made me wonder, what would separate the genuine, legendary chupacabra from any dog/wolf/coyote that was diseased/mutated enough to look abnormal? Any carnivore, really, can eat a goat if it wanted to. Although since the chupacabra is the "goat-sucker" I always assumed it would have to be big enough basically inhale them, like a big-foot. That doesn't seem to be the case, however, according to the experts.
So, again, what would it be that would make a chupacabra different from the aforementioned animal? Would it have to be bigger or have a different bone structure? Would it have to be hairless?(apparently, according to the few news stories that have cropped up over the years claiming to have found it)

I'll admit I couldn't watch the CNN video (they warned it was "gross" and I, unfortunately, don't have the stomach to watch that kind of stuff) but I saw images of the poor creature and it looks to me like a dead Mexican hairless or Italian greyhound. But if that truly is what a chupcabra looks like, then I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed. I think I had hoped it would be a bit bigger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Come on already! This is just a dog with mange. Not a chupacobra.
You're probably right. Most of the supposed chupacabras have turned out to be just that. I read more about the subject here and the writer brought up an interesting point- the argument of ignorance. It's a chupacabra because it hasn't been proven otherwise. People will believe whatever they want to.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was more then disappointed--such a pitiful story--especially given there was a taxidermy instructor showing it. Anyone will say it looks like a canine without hair, they atleast could have sewn on some bat wings and called it the New Jersey Devil!! People can't even make up a good hoax story anymore.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
It's almost certainly a canine (Coyote probably) with a severe and very advanced case of mange. The presence of the mites that cause this disease would be easy to determine with a simple skin scraping.
If the guy in the video is so convinced that it's an actual chupacabra, he could always pay to have a DNA analysis carried out.
It strikes me as strange how many of these bodies (i.e the "Montauk Monster" )mysteriously "disappear" before forensic testing can be carried out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
He's baaack!

The chupacabra seems to have coordinated with my move back to Texas. There has been a recent sighting in Hood County. While it looks pretty much like it usually does, the weird thing here is that the sightings have been multiple and in close proximity to each other. They know there were two different creatures because both were killed (of course). You can make of it what you will, but if this DOES turn out to be a species of canis that eats and sucks the blood of goats, I'm a little disappointed its not bigger. When my dad used to tell me stories of the chupacabra, I always pictured a huge monster, not a tiny, ugly thing that could just very well be a Mexican Hairless.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That there have been multiple hairless coyote-like things killed or seen around areas that have animals being drained of blood is kind of suspicious. I used to pass this off as simply superstition being bolstered by diseased wild canines and vampire bat attacks, but from some of the videos and news reports I've seen, it seem plausible that there is some sort of new canine species hanging around that lives off of livestock blood.

Something is draining these chickens, and that it coincides with these hairless canines with unique and repeating characteristics (ear flaps; blue eyes; sparse, fuzzy hair instead of fur; bulky bone structures on their haunches) it appears not so ridiculous to suspect a new canine.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's one of the interpretations. Some people believe it to be a coyote-like creature.
The ORIGINAL Chupacabra was from Puerto Rico, and was the red eyed alien/lizard/gargoyle looking thing, locals believed it escaped from a near bye lab, or escaped from the mountains in an earthquake. Later the reports spread to South America, and Mexico. This mangy dog thing was dubbed Chupacabra by a Texas reporter, just looking to generate attention, it has nothing to do with original reports, just a poor mangy animal.

·
Registered
187 Posts
There was show on NatGeo last night called Paranatural or someting to that nature. It was all about the chupacabra. Supposedly they DNA'd one thet found hit by a car and it's supposed to be a coyote/wolf hybrid. I don't know what it was, but it was pretty cool looking either way.

·
Registered
194 Posts
There was show on NatGeo last night called Paranatural or someting to that nature. It was all about the chupacabra. Supposedly they DNA'd one thet found hit by a car and it's supposed to be a coyote/wolf hybrid. I don't know what it was, but it was pretty cool looking either way.
Yeah, it's cool that there are new species being formed all the time, but my problem is them calling it chupacabra, they might as well called it Bigfoot, it's just not the same critter, if it exists at al.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts