Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this Halloween, I'm takin on an awesome task! If you haven't read my last posts, the Chupacabra is my creature! Makin a costume to sit on my brothers upper torso. We're making the mask with the Deluxe Monster Mask Making Kit from The Monster Makers - 866-521-(SPFX)7739 - Halloween Latex Mask Making Kits, Fang Kits, Special Effects Supplies and more, it's awesome btw! When I latex the mask, I get to build the rest of it. I have the idea for the neck and all, but gettin the alien skin effect from the latex mask to the upper body part has me thinkin. I plan on stretchin a see-through fabric over the skeleton and painting it with Latex, then doin the effect. Will that work? It's eyes glow red, so LEDS need to be bright with a trigger somewhere. Then, what about the quills? Some are 2-3ft long, and I don't want to use Sishkabob skewers.... So, any ideas? I'll post pics of it as I go! Thanks for anything, this is a lifes oppurtunity to be perfect!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Digitigrade stilts, that makes any creature costume awesome. There are tutorials online for them, like check youtube, or here is the basics of the design.

YouTube - Digitigrade Werewolf Legs / Stilts -- close up

example, these are professional made. They were used in Under World for the werewolves.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rock on, I'll have to check this out when I get home, the computers at work won't let me check this out. I want a pair of those Underworld Stilts for my Shaman costume, lol. Thanks Biggie!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Just make sure not to fall in these things, it sounds pretty obvious. But you will F' up your knees. Its something about the leverage they put on your knees when you fall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts