Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year my kids wanted me to do something special for the front yard.
Total work time was about 3 days.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Well that turned out great--I love it! Welcome to the Halloween Forum. You gotta stick around all year too!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Santa Jack

Here is how i did it.

Spray Foam, PVC pipe, and cardbard.

Cardboard form with newspaper.

Foam is shaped with standard kitchen carving knife

Head is refined

A little more sanding

Foil applied

Crayola kids paper clay added

Red cloth hot glued in place

Close up

Kids for scale

Total work time was about 3 days.
The foam was covered with basic wall joint compound and painted with latex house paint.
The hands got a coating of durham's water putty.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice How-To

Glad you made that, was loving how you did the head/face. I could imagine you could throw a different outfit, get rid of the white face hair and make it into a Halloween prop! Have the kids help. Thanks for the details.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I thought you said "kids for sale" for a moment!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks guys.
The idea hit me at the end of November but now i have a whole year to re-dress Jack for Halloween, build Sally, Zero, The killer wreath, Lock, Shock, and Barrel.
My kid today suggested the walking bath tub but i have to store all this stuff so i doubt it.
I do want to refine Jacks face so it's more accurate, i also forgot his jacket tails.

For the record i am a sculptor and a classic monster lover.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
WOW! Such a great tutorial as well! The extra "snow" on the bushes is a nice display touch. I should grab that stuff now while it's on sale! Very cute - and just think of the memories you are making for your little QT Pies! Now with just over 300 days left until Halloween 2010,, we should start seeing other creations from your talents, right! Looking forward to seeing what else you'll post on HF! soo stick around!

·
Registered
450 Posts
LOVE it, love it , love it!! Great job!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts