Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one here already think about what to do for next years haunt/build/party?

What ideas do you have for new projects? I'm going to be doing an alien invasion next year. I think I'm going to go as one of the coneheads, and my girlfriend wants to me an MIB agent. The gag will be that she doesn't notice that I'm an alien for the whole party.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can only go up in my Haunt display working on new ideas right now. Biggest thing is more animation and moving props.
If you haven't done one yet - try a Flying Crank Ghost (FCG). It's probably the easiest animated prop to get you started, and it's cost effective.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm switching to Halloween mode already, too! We've already started building our fence for our cemetery. An actual mausoleum type thing is in the works. We're hoping to hand out candy inside. Their would be a main door and then a side/back door so that people aren't stepping all over each other like normal. Also started working on columns for the entrance to the graveyard/our driveway. Sticking with the zombie theme but really ramping it up.

·
Registered
662 Posts
As soon as the Christmas stuff comes down in Jan I am going to think about some Halloween crafts I can work on until spring hits. I bought a cross stich pattern to make a Halloween pillow and I am thinking about making a backdrop for my ghost.

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
1,991 Posts
Right now I can honestly say I don't have much in mind by way of props to build. I have to figure out how to set up the cemetery so the blowmolds don't drown out my lights! I do need to build a platform to set my gargoyle mold on, since gargoyles don't sit on the ground!!

But it's still early. I may change my mind. I do have 2 new pose & stay skellies to place, too. The hubby told me I should have gotten 4, so I can make them spell out YMCA. Hmmm (strokes imaginary beard thoughtfully)

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I do need to build a platform to set my gargoyle mold on, since gargoyles don't sit on the ground!!
If they are drunk, they do. A person down one of the side streets has an amazing stone gargoye sitting on the side of the house that has been in possession of a beer can for years now, or perhaps it takes a new one each night;)

I just take things a day at a time anymore. After the royal suckitude of the past two years on my part, anything would be an improvement:rolleyes:

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'm doing a Hitchcock theme this year so I'll be looking for birds! Birds of a feather, different species of birds (hard to find lots of those), animated birds, big birds, small birds, everywhere a bird, bird......

Also need a Bates Motel sign and related props.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:) I'm going to be doing a "Glow in the Dark" Ghost theme this year....I need LOTS of cheesecloth, lots of RIT and lots of imagination!:D

·
Registered
369 Posts
Now that I have time to plan.....I dont know! I am still thinking. I still wanna do the cemetery idea i had last year for the small patch of woods out front ( perfect spot ). But as for the house, I am still thinking.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Am I the only one here already think about what to do for next years haunt/build/party?

What ideas do you have for new projects? I'm going to be doing an alien invasion next year. I think I'm going to go as one of the coneheads, and my girlfriend wants to me an MIB agent. The gag will be that she doesn't notice that I'm an alien for the whole party.
If you are waiting for Christmas to be over before planning your next Halloween, you are way behind.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
I'm in planning mode right now. I'm going to incorporate the original Dark Shadows into my display this year. I've been watching several episodes and have about four pages of notes and illustrations so far. The biggest dilemma is that I want to incorporate so many things but in reality I'll probably just do the mausoleum and the Eagle Hill cemetery.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just started building a new tombstone, It will be a 6ft tall celtic cross. I also have about 5 others I want to build along with a fence.

·
Registered
668 Posts
With all the work I put into last season, I'm going to redo it again this year. I'll add a few new props, and due to a premature projector bulb malfunction, I'm going to pick up a new projector (short throw) to cover the whole house instead of most of it. That means I will have to re-edit all my video, which took me close to 8 months to create for the first projector.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts