Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any ideas for things to do on christmas eve for the kids?
all i got is stockings out, food and drink for santa and reindeers, reindeer dust to sprinkle outside and thats about it lol....anything else i can do? maybe footprints or something....must be some other stuff we can do for when they wake up and know he has been

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
anyone have any ideas for things to do on christmas eve for the kids?
all i got is stockings out, food and drink for santa and reindeers, reindeer dust to sprinkle outside and thats about it lol....anything else i can do? maybe footprints or something....must be some other stuff we can do for when they wake up and know he has been
In all honesty:

Don't make it hard on yourself. Sure, you might have time this year, but are you REALLY going to want to do a whole bunch EVERY year?

For me, more precious than all the little things 'done' to convince the kids Santa had come, both as a child and now as an adult, is the time spent each year where we open our gifts to each other (always christmas jammies), and read a story before bed. You can dial this up religiously, or choose from the bounty of christmas stories widely available. Even the Grinch or Night before Christmas are good places to start. There's something magical about sitting around, no electronics, listening to someone read.

Perhaps all the more so in this age of technology.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers guys iv joined the other site but seems pretty quiet around there, got the site bookmarked goddess lol is a good little site.

unorthodox we do that every night already lol and we got a xmas eve box with colouring, cake mixes etc and we always spend about a hour reading or making up stories each night but was mainly looking for ideas to show santa has been but other than footprints im at a bit of a loss lol

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
If you have a fireplace, some ash footprints work well. We used to place boots in the ashes, then make it look like Santa's boots tracked some ash from the fireplace. We also would chew up a bit of the carrots our girls would leave out for the reindeer and drop some of the chewed pieces on the ground outside, like the reindeer were messy.

We also made sooty fingerprints on the note the girls would leave for Santa, so they would see that he actually read it.

Eric

Reactions: im the goddess

·
Prop Master
728 Posts
i only have 1 kid left that believes in Santa, and we still do the cookies and milk thing for him but that's about it. but we used to do the carrots for the reindeer and used my work boots for santa foot prints, thats about as close as you can get without dressing up as santa your self. Now we only do Christmas because my wife loves it but usually the kids and me are counting the day's until it's over so we can get back to Halloween stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts