Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When are you or have you decorated your house for christmas yet? I am still the only one on my block with decorations up... its kinda weird being the only house decorated..

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
When are you or have you decorated your house for christmas yet? I am still the only one on my block with decorations up... its kinda weird being the only house decorated..
wow, a lot of people in my neighborhood have had their Christmas lights up and on for a week.

I've got my reindeer and sleigh on the roof, but that's it. I just can't get fired up about checking all the lights and dragging them up on the roof or thru the trees...the weather's not cooperating either

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
Light checks begin on Sunday. All ready played a little with my new Gemmy Lightshow. Wife is working on a mantel piece for the greatroom fireplace, three nutcrackers made from 3" clay pots, really looking cool. Tree goes up about two weeks before Christmas as is our tradition.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Light checks begin on Sunday. All ready played a little with my new Gemmy Lightshow. Wife is working on a mantel piece for the greatroom fireplace, three nutcrackers made from 3" clay pots, really looking cool. Tree goes up about two weeks before Christmas as is our tradition.
Nutcrackers!?!?!?!? Those things are evil. They come to life at night when everyone is sleeping....

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
I don't doubt that for a minute but what concerns me more is how they got their name...

Now that gave me a good laugh this morning. May be a way to work a nut cracker or two into Halloween scene!

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda funny that the hammer was invented after the nutcracker, otherwise the nutcracker woulda been kinda lame..ya think?

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
I've seen people with their light on the week after Halloween! Plus some go wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too overboard. There's this one house that I beleive has every inch of their house in lights. The electrice company must love them!!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I'm beat! Got all of the Fall decorations (including the mums, pumpkins and gourds) put away or tossed out, and all of the exterior lights up and burning merrily as I write. We also put away all of the fall interior decorations and have a really good head start on Christmas. My wife is hosting a "cookie swap" next Saturday and would like everything decorated...and since she helped, uncomplaining, with the Halloween decorations, how can I refuse? ;)

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
I've only seen one house in our neighborhood with decorations out. Been up for a week or two now. They light them at night so you notice the house. I love it.

Noticed this week that the shopping center near by had it roof top decorations up, did notice them lit right before Thanksgiving. We stopped in Starbucks Wednesday right before they closed and they had a bunch of holiday stuff they were starting to put out. Peet's Coffee had some stuff out before Thanksgiving.

But no, not alot of decorating going on residentially yet in my area. I told my husband that I wanted to put the evergreen trees in urns (with lights) out tomorrow on the porch and I'm hoping to hang some icicles from some of the rain gutters then. Not sure when the rest of the decorations will go out or how much I will decorate this year. Oh and it's time for the wreath to go up outside too.

·
Registered
12,918 Posts
We started putting up lights today, and hope to have everything up by Sunday. I have to admit I am having a hard time getting motivated.

·
Grave Rigger
982 Posts
Mine usually go up the weekend of Thanksgiving, but I'm a little busy this year. I'll probably get them up this week after the rain stops:(

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome pics Terra. Is the Christmas display this years or last years?

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
HA! That's awesome, Terra! Wow, what a difference a few weeks make.. :p

Got our outside lights up yesterday, and have most of our Christmas village finished--I'll complete that tonight. We're going to a tree farm next weekend to get a cedar. Hopefully this year we'll judge the height of it correctly...we always National Lampoon it on out..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was just going to leave my Halloween stuff up and add some garland. ;)

I started on the outdoors today. Cold front came through with 35MPH winds tho...not real conducive to ladder work. I'll hopefully get a little more up tomorrow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'll be putting mine up tomorrow. Bought a lot of stuff after Christmas last year. Got really good deals!!

After I drag the Christmas stuff out of the garage, I can rearrange the Halloween stuff. Gotta get organized!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts