Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at 21, the nightlife is your main friend on the weekend.

But tonight, as i do most weekends in October, i turned down all the invites to go out clubbing, for a nice night of what i'm doing as we speak.

It's 11pm in the UK currently, i'm on halloweenforum, watching the Nightmare on Elm St DVD boxset and having a few beers in the nice glow of my decorations and pumpkin spice yankee candle.

It's only one month a year we get to enjoy this, i plan on making some sacrifices to make the most of it.

Anyone else change their schedules up in favor of halloween themed activites?

p.s. i just threw an empty bottle of beer into the trashcan by the couch, forgetting i'd just today put the sound/motion sensor FCG in the room and it went off scaring the absolute s*** out of me haha.

·
Registered
695 Posts
ah, I feel you bro, im 21 too, and as people our age would tell us 'party up, its the weekends'.. but I like to just relax at home with my gf and my 1 yr old german shepard baby, Star.. haha :D

and as you say.. its only a month long, we have to enjoy it while we can... I plan on going to Bengston Pumpkin farm tommarrow and picking a few pumpkins and enjoy the hayride.. haha

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was gonna go to the local pumpkin farm tomorrow too.

I called them earlier this week and they said tomorrow's the first day they're gonna harvest, and i like first choice.

Sadly i got called into work tomorrow, so looks like i'm gonna have to wait till sunday.

·
Registered
823 Posts
i am not 21 but like both of you i change my way of doing in oct i work more in the week end to be able to buy what i need for the last minute decoration and for some reason in oct i do not mind at all to work overtime . i am more trying to relax (have a hard time ) with my little decoration that i started in the house yesterday just enjoying the computer this forum and looking at all the nice card i already received .

·
Registered
897 Posts
I plan October the way some people plan a yearly vacation!
I have to hit orchards, farms, pumpkin patches, haunted hayrides and of course all the stores that have displays. We also attend the town's Haunted Trolley ride/outdoor live theater ghost stories, and our elementary school's Halloween Parade on the 31st!
Plus trying to catch any and all Halloween movies/ TV specials, bake apple or pumpkin pies, and get out and enjoy the gorgeous fall colors I find it all a very busy (but wicked awesome) time of the year.
I always make time to watch something scary by myself at night:cool:

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Being fairly young (if you would count my age at that) then I'd be out there usally. But working as much I do, I'd rather relax and do pretty much what your doing.

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
I pretty much have all my weekends booked up to do any last minute prop building and touching up. I trully love to watch any of my movies at night.

OMGDan....I have that boxset too!! I love Nightmare on Elm Street!!:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
We generally do not plan any weekend stuff in October. Exception, we are going to Vegas next weekend. As much fun as that is, I am a little peeved that it was the only weekend my friend and her bf could get off work to go. Right smack in the middle of October, taking away precious time that could e used for building things. Fooey! I kind of would rather stay home so we can get some stuff done. To compensate, we've been trying to cram in shopping and stuff over the past few weekends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts