Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEE INPUT! I realized I need to make a fog chiller for my cemetery. I've never ran a fog machine or built a chiller but what I need is a recommendation as to where to place it, and where to pipe it to to get the most use of it. Here is a plan view of my cemetery. Im thinking in the back middle and piping it in both directions with fingers ran down the rows maybe?. Any advice would be great and if you have a link to a chiller that works well please post. Thanks!

cemetary.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
NEE INPUT! I realized I need to make a fog chiller for my cemetery. I've never ran a fog machine or built a chiller but what I need is a recommendation as to where to place it, and where to pipe it to to get the most use of it. Here is a plan view of my cemetery. Im thinking in the back middle and piping it in both directions with fingers ran down the rows maybe?. Any advice would be great and if you have a link to a chiller that works well please post. Thanks!

View attachment 262496
Go on YouTube there are plenty of videos on how to make one, they are all pretty simple

·
Registered
368 Posts
I agree with annamarykahn.. find out which way the wind is going and place the pipe to work with it. I wouldn't get carried away with too much piping as you won't get perfect distribution before the fog dissipates. Before you make a chiller, I'd recommend experimenting by just loading up the pipe with ice.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Great advice by everyone! And if you use the corrugated pipe you can easily get some dry ice or standard ice in the tube. I've done this before and it works great to cool the fog, especially in those cases where you have a longer run. A fog chiller is also great, but since you're already planning on running lots of pipe to distribute the fog definitely try it with the ice in the tubes first. Good luck!

·
Registered
210 Posts
You might try frozen bottled water instead of loose ice, especially if you're going to chill a length of drain pipe.
Longer lasting, tidier, and simpler to coax into position down the pipe.
Also small chill packs like medical hot/cold packs work great.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
You'll have better fog distribution by running a header line across the rear of the cemetery with lines, as you say, coming off of the header between the graves. We use this configuration in Septic Fields.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts