Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year was my first year decorating for Halloween and a few weeks ago I found this site and have been inspired to improve this year. I've never had a fogger or anything like that so I went out and got one and decided to build my first chiller/prop. It's not complete yet but this is what I have done so far today and what I used and the cost.

55 gal plastic drum - $5 from Craigslist
25ft 4 inch solid corrugated hose - $5 Lowes on sale
(2) 18 inch flexible mating sections for the 4 inch hose - around $2.50 each at Menards.
(2) cans of off brand great stuff - Menards on sale 2 for $5

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I completed and got a test video of it in action but with NO ICE and some wind so I put it on the deck. I would rather it be a black barrel, but oh well I could always paint it some other time.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice job! Curious.. why not pick up some black spray paint real fast... and paint it.. even if it's only on one side (er.. facing rounded area)? I think I agree with you with black.. be a little better for halloween/night show. When I saw your video, I figured you must not have ice because it was drifting up.. that and the wind. I look forward to seeing it in action with ice and hopefully no wind!

·
Banned
524 Posts
Hey, Texas look at this DRUMS - 55 gal
Holy **** I am sold!!! $10 bucks that is a steal. I might see if the city wants to buy the ones I made they are using and make some profit of them and remake some with these. Those are also right in our neck of the woods.

Only thing I wonder about is does that lid pop off? I know it has two inlets at the top but it would kind of hard to build anything inside if those lids don't come off.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks good ! did you coil the duct inside the barrel? or make it like a vortex design
It has 25ft with connectors of 4 inch solid drainage pipe coiled inside so it won't get crushed by the ice.

Is you fog machine really that loud?
Unfortunately it is that loud and I was wondering if it was supposed to be lol. This is the first one i've ever bought. I got the 1000 watt and gal of fog at Party City for $40 after coupon.

Where are yall getting these toxic waste stickers or stencils at?
I got it off of ebay. I can pm you the seller if you would like. I've ordered twice from them and both are great.

Only thing I wonder about is does that lid pop off? I know it has two inlets at the top but it would kind of hard to build anything inside if those lids don't come off.
I drilled a small hole then used a cordless black and decker jigsaw to cut it. It cut through and did the circles for the inlet/outlet very easily.

I'll get a better video on Halloween and post it, but for now it stays blue I still have other projects I need to finish. I'm a newbie at halloween decorating so lots to do, but next year i'll have less to do.... maybe lol :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
I actually like it in blue. If you paint it black, it will disappear. If you were just building a chiller out of it, I'd definitely vote for black. But if it's an actual prop, and you want people to SEE it, I'd go with the blue. Just my $.02

1 - 12 of 12 Posts