Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
superheroes really have stood the test of time eh? Also it appears that the O'Leary family has a candle in their pumpkin... better be careful! Remember what happened with the last O'Leary lantern in Chicago?

Our paper has run two stories in the last year about old haunted houses that operated in the early 70s, with some neat photos. They were so primitive! I wonder what people will think about ours 30 years from now?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
While I love the technology we now have, the haunts we can build and and awesome mass produced props for everyone else, those photos sure brought back some nostalgia for the simpler times.

Eric
________
Honda ST1100

·
Registered
152 Posts
I love these pics and sadden by them too, the last pic with the kindergarten cat reminds me that as I posted in another topic my sons school says no to costumes , no to halloween anything just planting spring bulbs in the backyard of the school. Sad, sad, sad. :(

·
Registered
574 Posts
Is it my imagination, or is superman wearing a creature from the black lagoon mask?

Some of those kids are wearing sneakers. This photo is probably from the 70's.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
The photo is way cool. The good ol' days when there were lots of kids out on the street toting. I really miss those days. Thanks for sharing, it made my day.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Yup, I missed it. Thanks for pointing it out. DOH! Some of those costumes are great, even better then the ones you see today. The black/white photos are great. The witch is superb and I wonder what the scot is where under his kilt? lol

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Yup, I missed it. Thanks for pointing it out. DOH! Some of those costumes are great, even better then the ones you see today. The black/white photos are great. The witch is superb and I wonder what the scot is where under his kilt? lol
Yeah...you can really see how people of all ages got into Halloween even then! I always loved the "fun parents" best, the ones who dressed up and/or got into it. My parents were like that. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts