Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are not getting any new decor this year, but this week are putting out all last years left over decor at 50% off the lowest ticketed prices.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
Good info! Thanks!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Great words of advise! Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Is it right now (today), or is it this weekend?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah I'm wondering the same. When you say this week, does that mean coming up or right now? Because its right in the middle of the week now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was there few days ago and they had all the leftover from last year and it is all 50% off. I was disappointing and I was hoping to see new Exclusive life-size props guess not getting them in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hmm...that depends on the masks I guess...I'm sure every store has a little different inventory. I'll have to look tomorrow.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Wow I'm sad to hear that they aren't getting anything new in this year. They always go all out with decorations and costumes. It's sad that everyone has scaled back halloween this year. So very very frustrating.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My Spencers today had the Gothic beheaded bride for $75, a 5' tall coffin for $50 and a big 8' hanging skelly ghoul for $75........all big box props. Not bad if your looking for those items.
Those DO sound like pretty sweet deals
I was talking to the manager and told her maybe Spencer's will realize how much money they're losing and bring back props next year and she said she'd bet money that they will. So if her opinion is any indication then thats great news.

·
Registered
391 Posts
darn recession lol

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
Spencers isn't losing money by not doing Halloween. Spirit is owned by Spencers so they simply opted to hand off the vast majority of their Halloween to their sister company. I remember when Spencers was top dog on the Halloween prop food chain though. Some of my best early props came from there and I used to love going there twice a week and browse around. "Sigh."

·
Registered
625 Posts
My Spencers had Halloween stuff (Chucky, Bride of Chucky, masks), but NONE of it was on sale.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I picked up a 700 wat fog machine from Spencers last week. Its the one that comes with the remote and LED notification light. I got one from Spirit last year and it performed beautifully. I wanted a second one but I didn't see them on the Spirit website. So I'm glad Spencers had some. At $39.00 with the remote ($15.00 value), thats a pretty good price for a 700 wat fogger.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Spencers isn't losing money by not doing Halloween. Spirit is owned by Spencers so they simply opted to hand off the vast majority of their Halloween to their sister company. I remember when Spencers was top dog on the Halloween prop food chain though. Some of my best early props came from there and I used to love going there twice a week and browse around. "Sigh."
I must be mistaken then,I was under the impression that when (like last year) Spencers had props Spirit had the same props and a larger variety of props.I know most people at least in my town won't drive the extra sixty minutes to get their props and my Spencers did thousands off of props each year(at least thats what the mgr. told me) unless they're opening up more Spirit stores than last year to compensate I would think they would lose money. Again, I could be mistaken but I'm hoping I'm not because this will mean I have a shot at getting props next year :)
I do remember her telling me last year thats why they didn't go 75% off props because they were sending most of what they didn't sell to their sister company Spirit

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
I stopped by Spencer's today. Lots of costumes and some masks. Only a small handful of not so good props (hanging ghouls and a few severed heads) I was really pleased to see the five stick LED skull candleabras (several of them) for less than Spirit sells them for. Spirit doesn't even have them in but Spencers had a bunch of them and said they carry them all year. Going back next week to snag a couple.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts