Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people I know are getting me to fix their house up for Halloween and I'm trying to find some cheap Skeletons between 5 and 6 ft tall. There was some place from China that sold them for 35 bucks but I think they went out of business, I did my research and now I'm coming to you guys to see what info yall might have. Any info is much appreciated

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
You'll probably have to wait a few more months for prices to finish coming down. Close to Halloween, I've picked up pose'n'stays for as little as $20, but in the dead of winter, prices like to top $110. Right now they're in the $50- $70 range most places.

·
Registered
13,513 Posts
Might also want to keep an eye out on CostumeParty's site. They should be restocking soon. The past few years they were selling various Skeletons and offered some of the lowest prices when they ran their sales. As I recall they had decent shipping costs. Some of the members on here purchased from them. Found out about them from our forum a while back.

·
Registered
569 Posts
dont like Spirits. Non poseable, they break easily and i think the heads are too small.

We are getting a costco. Cant wait to see their Halloween stuff.

·
Registered
13,513 Posts
Mamadada, don't expect much. They haven't really done much for Halloween for a whIle now. The last two years they have brought in the PoseNStays as a prop. Might depend on how well they sold last year if they do it for a third year. Lots of other places were selling PoseNStays last year too, so not so unique to the store. First year mine were in the middle of the store and out for all to see, last year they hid them in a corner near the eyewear department and you needed glases to find them! Not sure were other locations set them out. Word here on the forum definitely sent members out to find them on the sale floor though. Prior to carrying the skeletons Costco carried giant talking skulls for two years and a giant bat. Years ago they had a low-lying fogger. Other than that just a few items of home decor, costumes and candy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I could get one about midsection on up with arms would be ideal for one of the ideas I had, anybody know if anyone sale's them in pieces like that ?

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
If I could get one about midsection on up with arms would be ideal for one of the ideas I had, anybody know if anyone sale's them in pieces like that ?
Last year, Target sold a backpack costume prop that was essentially a skeleton cut off just above the hips - skull, neck, arms, rib cage and length of spine, all posable. It was somewhat smaller than the 5' pose'n'stays, probably would have been a 4.5' skeleton if it was complete. I was waiting for the post halloween sale to grab a few at half price (They were $25 regularly), but they apparently all sold out the last two days of October.

So such a beast is out there, we just have to find it!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Last year, Target sold a backpack costume prop that was essentially a skeleton cut off just above the hips - skull, neck, arms, rib cage and length of spine, all posable. It was somewhat smaller than the 5' pose'n'stays, probably would have been a 4.5' skeleton if it was complete. I was waiting for the post halloween sale to grab a few at half price (They were $25 regularly), but they apparently all sold out the last two days of October.

So such a beast is out there, we just have to find it!
Yep, I grabbed four at the end....should have grabbed them all

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sunstar Industries has them for $40.00. They are just like the older Walgreen's ones but the joints are bolted rather than the plastic pieces. They are at Trans World every year, and these are the best for the money that I have found.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Icepick, I have these, and the glow is from paint. It's only applied to the front (pretty badly, too), and can be scraped off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
11 Participants
cai88
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing