Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has got to be the easiest, cheapest, and most effective Halloween prop I think I have ever done.

Step 1. Purchase (yardsale find or dollar store) 2 rubber dinosaurs. These were about 6 inches long, with the grey one (Brachiosaurus) standing 5 inches tall. Remember these are the stretchy rubber type that feel like they have sand in them. NOT the hard plastic type. There are also lizards, snakes ETC.
dino 001.jpg
dino 002.jpg

Step 2. The head, limbs, and tail are solid rubber, but the body is a hollow chamber. Cut the head off small pieces at a time until you have breached the body chamber. Empty the tiny black plastic beads into a bowl. They are about the same diameter as a grain of sand. WARNING: These beads will go everywhere so have a bowl ready.
dino 003.jpg

Step 3. Set bead bowl aside (you can use them later) and begin to turn the dinosaur inside out. It's a mild struggle but doable.
dino 005.jpg

Voila! Instant GOBLIN HEARTS! The black beads leave a weird blackish tinge to the grey or green rubber. All they need is healthy dose of translucent green slime or other suspension fluid and their ready for your specimen jars in you mad scientest lab or witch's kitchen.
dino 006.jpg

Step 4. You can even take a few rubber bouncy balls and stuff them in the dinos to beef them out even more.
dino 007.jpg
dino 008.jpg
dino 009.jpg
dino 010.jpg

Step 5. You can use the plastic beads in an apothecary jar for all kinds of things. Spider eggs, fleas in werewolf fur, Dark Matter, ETC.
dino 004.jpg

I got these at a yard sale but they can be found at Wally World, and most dollar stores. This whole "project" cost me exactly .20 cents to do. Ten cents a piece on the dinos. If anybody thinks they can do this project for cheaper, please post it on here. I like most haunters would love to be able to do this project as cheaply as possible.
Happy Haunting!

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,957 Posts
Wow! That is pretty awesome. I would have never thought of doing that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow, I would have never thought of that. Pretty genius. You could paint it red and have an animal heart as well.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm just speculating here, but like any good mad scientist, he had to find out what was inside dino ... then just goofing around, turned one inside out and ... eureka!

genius!

amk
Quite astute annamarykahn. I "needed" something for spider eggs in a witch's kitchen jar I made ( I actualy thought they were going to be white plastic beads). Regaurdless of the color or size of the beads, I turned it inside out so I could get every last bead. Definatly a eureka moment when I saw the dino inside out.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Along the same lines....those stretchy rubber balls with all the little "hairs" all over them make hilarious wigs when popped and stretched over your head :)

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
oooooohh, why do I ever throw anything away? We had one of those balls - a large one too. :mad:
Be forewarned, not all of them are filled with just air. Many are filled with this nasty, sticky goo. Stretch one of that type over your head and you'll have to shave your head at the end of the night to get it off.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am now looking at all of my kids toys wondering what I can behead and turn inside out. the kids are going to kill me one day and use ME for a prop.

THANK YOU AND YOU ARE A GEN-E-US!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts