Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-
Is there a way to make a CHEAP strobe light w/ a motion sensor on it? Or cheap ones I can buy that are fairly bright? I'm thinking of hooking them up for additional security measure- just to scare anyone off who comes into the yard. Maybe something with sound would be good too.
Ideas?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, that's what I was thinking- but what about the strobe light?

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
You can buy strobes fairly cheap to fairly expensive. Depending on brightness and size. Amazon.com: strobe light

It kinda depends on what specific effect you're needing.

Just plug into one of the sockets, when someone walks by, the strobe comes on for the length of time you set.

A cheap way of doing sound would be to have a cd of whatever sound you want on looped on a CD player, wired to a set of computer speakers. Then plug those speakers into the other socket on your motion device.

This won't give you a 'play the track from start to finish then reset' effect, that's a bit more complicated. But the speakers will turn on with the light, producing whatever sound for you.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah- not a bad idea. I didn't know if there was a cheap way to make our own strobe lights or something- maybe out of LEDs or whatever. Has anyone ever done that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts