Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if anyone's got a good lead on bulk packs of skulls, human size or slightly smaller is fine, I need probably a few dozen of them. Plastic preferred. I've searched online without much (cheap) help, so any advice or suggestions are much appreciated!!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,398 Posts
Dollar Tree, but you'll have to wait until later in the summer. You should be able to either buy them in the store or order them from Dollar Tree online. You can have them shipped to the closest store to you or just have them sent to your home.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the project you need them for? Can you go down the milk jug route?
milk jug route? Edit - found a tutorial. Will try that out.

Dollar Tree, but you'll have to wait until later in the summer. You should be able to either buy them in the store or order them from Dollar Tree online. You can have them shipped to the closest store to you or just have them sent to your home.
We start working on individual projects over the summer. Starting soon, need to start getting things together over the next few weeks. I found some on Amazon, but with a limited budget, just trying to examine all options, yanno.

I'm not sure what you consider cheap but Party City has some.
Will check there, thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Milk jug route

I prefer making silicone molds and then using plaster of paris.
You can make very decent molds with just 100% silicone caulk you buy from hardware stores and some corn starch (look up ProtoPutty on Youtube for a tut), just remember to plug any gaps and holes in the skull before you place the mold else your will never get it off lol.
After that you can make any amount of casts you desire. You can even press paper mache into them to make paper skulls for next to no cost or even latex to make latex skull masks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Thermoplastic pellets I found out recently are a god send for making molds/props as well. You can get a bag of them for under a tenner on amazon that would easily cover a skull and all you do then is add hot water, mold it on to what ever you want to cast, let it dry and boom almost instant high quality plastic mold and it's reusable after on top! You could also sculpt your own skull with it if really wanted to lol. The stuff really is a prop makers dream come true.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts