Halloween Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
.the one with the clear coat on the coffee held up best
A potential alternative to the coffee is ground cork. If you mix it into paint, it will hold on as well as the paint itself. Note that spray adhesive or coating with contact cement is one way to help paint stick to the stuff. So, since the glue is on there anyway, sprinkle on some of the texturing stuff.

-Joe

·
Registered
44 Posts
In the process of completing this with the fleck stone type paint. Using Rustoleum brand and coverage per can is terrible. Looks good but taking longer and driving cost up. In hindsight should have primed the pvc with brown paint then the special paint. Looks great and can't wait to see it finished and props hanging from this chain.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i did this a couple years back after seeing this post and have had it across my ground breaker coffin each year, its held up really well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I really wish I would have seen this thread before I bought all the plastic chain from the dollar store! Now I'm gonna have to go find something that needs to be chained up. HONEY!...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Amazing. Just wow. I'm going to give my wife this project to do.

Wife - "How much chain do you want me to make?"
Me - "Just keep going. When you think you've made enough, make more."

:D

Scarab

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow thank you for posting this you may have helped me with something I have been trying to find a solution for. This is going to sound like a dumb question but once you finished the chain and painted does it have a lot of weight ?

61 - 72 of 72 Posts