Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cannot find any of these at my local Lowes, Home Depot, Big Lots, Walmart, etc. Was hoping to score 2 or 3 cheap ones for a potential Dave In The Grave Rockin' Reindeer build. :)

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
Yea, I used to find them all the time after Christmas, but I don't recall seeing any this year.
I was even at Garden Ridge (now called "At Home") the day after and didn't see a one.

Did you try E-bay?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dave and Jeff. Haven't checked online yet. If anyone else is searching for these, please let me know. Not a priority for me--but was really hoping to pick up 2 or 3 of these on the cheap. Some things just sell out early and you never have the opportunity to find on clearance After Season.

I found that to be the case with the 6 packs of flicker taper candles Big Lots sells. Sure they're not Luminaras; but very effective for the price. And even a good deal at the regular price. Was hoping to pick up one or two more six packs of these. Have gone to around 5 Big Lots in the past few weeks and nada, nothing. Note to self: just buy another 6 pack at regular price when Big Lots stocks them again--they always seem to have them every year. This is the first year I'd bought them. Very happy with the timer and price / performance ratio. :) Esp. considering how expensive other Big Box stores sell similar flicker taper candles in either two packs or individually.

Incidentally, the guy who won The Great Christmas Light Fight award (TV show on ABC I think) is a 20 minute drive from my house. Was able to get there in time to see the fully built out house and lawn--snapped a few daytime pictures; but when I arrived that evening, he'd put a sign up saying the lights were off for the season. Evidently a nice guy to speak to in person according to my neighbors, who told me about the whole thing. Otherwise I'd not have known about it. I stored the coordinates in my car GPS unit for next season. :)

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
I just watched that episode of the Great Christmas Light Fight last week. I was glad to see not only a display featured in North Carolina, but one that actually won the prize. Never heard of the town before---was is Clayton, N.C. ?
His yard did look amazing. I'd love to see it someday.
Too bad the lights were already off when you went, Mike.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just watched that episode of the Great Christmas Light Fight last week. I was glad to see not only a display featured in North Carolina, but one that actually won the prize. Never heard of the town before---was is Clayton, N.C. ?
His yard did look amazing. I'd love to see it someday.
Too bad the lights were already off when you went, Mike.
I've got it in the GPS for next year. Yep, Clayton, NC; my town. Well, I'm in Johnston County--not technically in the City Limits of Clayton. My mailing address is Clayton. It's Southeast of Raleigh, just over the Wake / Johnston County line.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Jonny and MK. Will check out. Was hoping to find the animated reindeer for $15 or less on clearance.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
In the past they have sold them seasonally... they definitely go out of stock on a regular basis at any rate. I'm thinking it might be August when they get them back in - tough to say though. Reindeer don't seem to be as popular these days so who knows if they'll pull the plug.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I can't imagine that they'll drop the motors with haunters sucking up the inventory. I've bought there a couple of times myself

Going back to the original posts..what use to be a treasure trove of lights and reindeer after the holidays hasn't existed in at least five years. I used to make a killing in the 75% and 90% off sales...now nada. Stuff used to go 50% off the day after Halloween or Christmas, but now it can be a week before depending on the store. If you want lights and reindeer buy them early...look for Black Friday specials. Unfortunately, the two colors I look for, orange and blue are hard to come by.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts