Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k., here's a technique that is fairly inexpensive for applying fake wounds without the use of latex prosthesis. (Sorry Rod, no latex!)

This may be applied to most parts of the body and in any size you want.

Items needed:
Dark Blue, Red, Green and Yellow Eye Shadow
Spirit Glue
Fake Blood
Paper Towels (white)

Use the Eye Shadows to make a "bruise" a little larger around than the actual wound.

Apply Spirit Glue to the area on the body where you want the wound. Then tear the paper towel to the desired size of the wound. Next, make a tear in the center of the paper towel, being careful not to tear in half. Apply to the spirit glue. Do not apply taught, you will want some air under it. This will be the open part of the wound.

Apply fake blood to the paper towel (make sure to saturate the paper towel) and spread the paper towel apart as if the skin has been ripped back. Fashion the inside edges of the paper towel to lift up a tad. Take care not to cover the bruising completely with the fake blood, but rather "fade" the blood to it.

This will last until you remove it. Makes for a very realistic wound.

"forgive me for that twisted thought I had of you just now"

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Hey Twisted,heres another one to add to your book of inexpensive ideas.I got this out of a theatrical makeup book years ago.
items needed:(1)box of clear Knox gelatin
(1)bottle of spirit gum
(2-4 pieces of grapes or whole grapes)depending on the effect that you want
(1)small bottle of liquid latex

Mix 3 packs of Knox gelatin in about 1/3 cup of warm water and mix it until it becomes a paste
Apply spirit gum to the area that you want to make the wound at.
Add(1)grape in the mold and squash it,add a little more mix into the "wound"
Apply a covering of latex,let dry and paint(using black,red,blue and yellow tempra paint)

I've used this technique for years and it looks GROSS!Especailly when you apply it to your face and when it half way dries you can mold the paste even more.

rod spain

·
Registered
88 Posts
im sorry rod, im not sure of the grape and mold part? re-word for the dumb girl por favor? i just started playing around with my injury stack(cinema secrets) like a big kid. i like it! the purple and yellow are great! i look like i took a beating! " what do you tell a woman with two black eyes? nuthin youve told her twice already!"--amy

the world is a vampyr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts