Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Long time Halloween freak but new to the decorating biz. We just moved into an old Victorian home (previously lived in a condo and could not decorate :( ) We have a pretty good collection of decorations/props but lighting is a problem. Since it is our first year and I didn't want to spend too much I bought some small spotlights and colored bulbs. The wiring in this home is VERY old and the bulbs started smoking and putting off a ton of heat in a matter of minutes. Without lighting it is going to be very, very dark and sadly no one will see a thing. I don't need a lot, just enough to light a scene in our front window and a scene on our balcony to get us started. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Those round incandescent bulbs are terrible. LEDS are the way to go. They use a lot less electricity and some are battery powered. The simplest way would be to pick up some from your local dollar store and put colored plastic gels in front of them if you want them to give off color.

Do a search on LEDs or lighting. There are tons of threads on here that will help you.

Here is a Youtube video that will also give you some direction. There are a lot of similar lighting videos on there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much! You are right about those bulbs, I figured I could get away with using one since it is a small scene, but man they are AWFUL! Thing started smoking after 5 minutes! I will watch the video and will definitely check my dollar store for some LED's!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
mamadada
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing