Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P8250038.jpg
P6100062.jpg
Made bins full of GS skulls. For the voodoo skulls, I modified then painted the skull, used Dollar Store fake hair, real bones in the nasal area. Cost of each skull finished came to $1.50. Have a small army of these on bamboo stakes for 2014 Voodoo scene. Easy to modify the paint & accesories to fit theme: pirates, cemetery reapers, bloody lab heads, etc.

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought 8 cheap, hollow plastic skulls(I'm crankin those babies out). Vaseline(release agent). Great Stuff Expanding Foam($3.48/can @ Walmart). 1 can will do 3-4 whole skulls or 7-8 half skulls. Cut hole about the size of a golf ball in the underside of the skull right behind the lower jaw. Then, cut the skull from ear to ear over the top, continueing with the cut on the backside without cutting into the jaw (that portion should look like a skullcap bowl when cut out). Completely coat the inside of the 2 skull pieces with vaseline, paying special attention to the eyes, nose & teeth area. Tape together the 2 sections of skull. Squirt the GS into the bottom hole, starting at the jaw & facial features & moving up into the 'brain' area. Only fill skull about 2/3 full, as the GS really expands. Tape the bottom hole closed. Takes about 3-4 days to completely cure. If you want to use the skulls for an archway, wall, or the like, only use the facial portion of the skull. Squirt the GS in about 1/2 way full. Leave open. Takes way less GS & time to cure. You can use spray paints or acrylics without melting the foam.

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,065 Posts
Another good looking prop, the voodoo theme should be cool! I would suggest dusting the hair with baby powder to cut some of the sheen on the fake hair. I do that with most of my cheap wigs, otherwise they look too nice! Voodoo heads on bamboo poles should not look "nice"! :)

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where we live, in the last 18 yrs we've probably had 20 trick or treaters. Homes are all on acre lots, too much effort for the little buggers to walk. They head towards the track housing next town over. Our haunt is geared towards adults~oh some bring their kids, but they have advanced warning that we're not responsible for psychological trauma. I go for the more disturbing side of Halloween. Old Man Bakke's babies baked in jars, torture, gore, real casket, disgusting looking corpses, evil clowns, real heads, eyes, hearts & bits from the butcher. Oh, I interject humor here and there, so it doesn't get predictable, but even that isn't always appropriate for children. No cutsie Halloween for me Garthgoyle! That's why I'm trolling this forum....lots of sick & twisted minds. Love it!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts