Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a seasonal campsite for the first time. All of August is "Halloween". I am looking for 10-15' of cheap plastic cemetery fence. I tried looking on local for sale pages and Amazon, but had a hard time finding something. I'd like to run it along the back of our camper which faces the entrance. I have plenty of other lights to use, but thought it would look really cool to some "fencing".

Anyone have any good buy it now options? I won't have the time or want to make it myself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think your best bet would be Home Depot. They sell cheap 4' high 8' long wide spaced fence sections that are pretty cheap. You could bust them up a little with a hammer or a saw pretty quick. String some lights....

·
Registered
168 Posts
How about cutting down some pallets? 3 pallets would give you about 15 feet and take maybe a half hour with a reciprocation or circular saw.

Reactions: Dead Pilgrim

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,654 Posts
Just a couple of suggestions. If you're looking for elaborate, like @murtisha said, you can make a "wrought iron" fence exactly as described. The first picture I'll post below is what I've graduated to over time. It'll cost probably around or just under $100 to build 15 ft. given today's prices of building materials. It's an involved process though with precise drilling needed, and will take some time.

If you're looking for cheap and easy, I'd suggest building a fence with 2"x1" strips of wood. Cut the wood, paint, and then assemble with simple wood screws. Cost would be probably around $30 to $40, and you can finish it in an afternoon. The second pic I posted shows the first fence I ever built with that process back in 2005. It wasn't meant to keep anyone out... just a whimsical fence for effect.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I started out with a used snow fence which I actually got for free and did it sort of like The Jokers. Mine was about 3 ft tall and tighter slats. My fencing was really old and quite used so pretty fragile.
I then went to the 1x2 railings with teh 1/2 pvc pickets. I'm actually debating about just switching over to all PVC but not sure, with storing outside and packing them up for the annual halloween camping trip their in need of a make over redo and need to finally get the finals on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We needed to add 40’ for our campsite so we bought a pet fence from Amazon. We are going to add Halloween things to it but it cost less than $180 when we bought it 2 weeks ago. Hubby will probably weld stuff and remove stuff to make it look creepier though.

·
Registered
426 Posts
We have a seasonal campsite for the first time. All of August is "Halloween". I am looking for 10-15' of cheap plastic cemetery fence. I tried looking on local for sale pages and Amazon, but had a hard time finding something. I'd like to run it along the back of our camper which faces the entrance. I have plenty of other lights to use, but thought it would look really cool to some "fencing".

Anyone have any good buy it now options? I won't have the time or want to make it myself.

Thanks!
This was a fence I made years ago when I first started haunting. Its made of 4' panels that can be attached together to form any length you need and can be curved if required and installed on sloped surfaces. The fence shown is about 20' long. The entire fence cost about $30-$40 in materials. The post are 1" PVC about 3' tall. The post supports were made from scrap plywood cut to about 12"x12" with a 3/4"x12" long wooden dowel attached to it. The post just slides over the wood dowel. The intermediate pieces were made from 1/2" PVC (for pickets) and 1"x2" wood strips for the horizontal supports. I drilled a hole thru the wood strips and then hot glued the PVC in place. The ends of the horizontal supports were then notched with a wood drill bit to fit the circular post. The panels are attached to the supports with screws, this allows each panel to be disassembled into the 4' sections. Spray the entire fence with flat black spray paint. Attach mini skulls to the top of the posts and pickets using hot glue. I used tea light skulls for the top of the post to cast some light at night. The entire project can be completed in less than a day and for less than $50 (may cost more now due to material prices). You can add accents like dried vines / grapevines, Spanish moss, skeleton parts to make it look more realistic.

Fence Supports

·
Registered
329 Posts
We needed to add 40’ for our campsite so we bought a pet fence from Amazon. We are going to add Halloween things to it but it cost less than $180 when we bought it 2 weeks ago. Hubby will probably weld stuff and remove stuff to make it look creepier though.

This is probably something that Gozerhead is looking for. It sounds like he/she wants to buy it all ready to go.
Spirit and Halloweenexpress fences aren't cheap looking at them now..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used cheap garden fencing, painted black, whenever I found it on sale for years. When my displays became more elaborate I upgraded to the pvc/wood as well. I got the pricing to about $15 per 8' and I can make four pillars with one sheet of $25 foam board.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like it because it’s very sturdy and it folds down easily.
Is it possible to post the url/link to the one you went with. Sounds interesting especially folds down easily. Was looking at some on there but nothing really caught my eye.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Love these examples! We did something slightly different cause I wanted the ability to make corners where needed. I bought 4 ft 6 packs of wood garden stakes for about $6 each at the local hardware store. Cheap black spray paint for $1. And a few rounds of $4 pipe insulation and some electrical tape. Took a lot of time to cut the loops to make the “chain” but we have been able to shape the fence to whatever we needed and all the stakes fit into a bucket and the chain in one leaf bag. Used it for a few years now and we love it. Dollar tree skulls on top cause why wouldn’t you have a tote of like 50 Dollar Tree skulls?!?!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is it possible to post the url/link to the one you went with. Sounds interesting especially folds down easily. Was looking at some on there but nothing really caught my eye.
Neither attachment worked for me, page could not be found.
I sent you a picture. Not sure why the link isn’t working. Probably my fault! :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts