Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
I looked last year - no such thing.

We were turning a large, high-ceiling living room into a forest for a faerie/goblin/fey theme, and there was no fabric that could cover that roof cheaply, not camo, not dorp, not landscape fabric, nothing.

The solution? Camo fabric, the cheap stuff, from walmart or hancock's.
About every hand span we cut an X in the cloth using pinking shears. This approximated the look well enough in the dark. Adding imitation vine and spanish moss helped, too.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Spats has the right idea. Or you could use a couple of hammocks, the netted ones, or tennis nets, cut burlap strips and inter weave them into the netting. You can get them at most sporting goods stores for around $20.

·
Hauntless
8,377 Posts
Spats, that's a GREAT idea!

Last year I got my cammo netting on eBay for a good price but I won't recommend the seller. He really jacked with me. I felt lucky I got the stuff at all.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I bought mine at Transworld, and while it certainly wasn't cheap, I think I got a pretty good deal, and it's gonna look AWESOME in our swamp room!!!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks.....Ebay is where I've gotten all my netting so far....I was hoping to find a cheaper option....I got a GREAT deal last year off Ebay but that guy is no longer a registered user....Thanks Spooky.....That 1st one looks great and I'll definitely watch and probably bid but I'll probably pay a good bit more than that in the end if I wanted to win it....That's how it always works out in my case anyway:(....I don't really like the second option....I always bypass that kind because they just look home made to me....They are another country's version of camo netting....Thanks again....I guess I'll just have to make the decision between camo netting or spirit props....ZR

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got mine from Evangalines (I think that how you spell it ). They are in Downtown Old Sacramento. It was Half the price as the Army surplus store.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I looked everywhere for good prices.
I finally bought a 10'x20' brown and green camo net on Ebay for $80 with no shipping cost.

·
Registered
80 Posts
How about using some landscapers burlap and hit it with a couple of different flat colors of spray paint - green, brown, grey or black.

You can get the burlap at many different home and garden type stores.

·
Registered
61 Posts
im not sure whats a good price Ranger Joes has A 8' x 10' for 29.95 product number A3146 or 10' x 20' for 69.95 product number A3145 never bought it before but seems high price hope it helps

1 - 15 of 15 Posts