Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as you may be able to tell, I have been on holiday from work today so had a whole day of crafting! I managed to get my snoring pirate working (posted video earlier) and I have now found a cheap and easy way of making what I think are not too bad cannon balls that have been sat at the bottom of the sea. Tried numerous things and not been happy with results, but found this today and thought I would share this with you. I was in the pound store (dollar store to you guys) which I practically live in to see if there is anything that I can modify pirate style, and found these extra large Christmas Tree baubles, which I thought were ideal cannon ball size which I needed for my boat. So I purchased six of them.

After several unsuccessful paint jobs, and getting pretty fed up I took my dog for a walk, and then had the idea of covering in black poop bags. Now I know this sounds strange, but I wanted something that would keep the metallic sheen showing through that I couldn't get with the paint. So I stretched the poop bag around the bauble and used PVA to hold it in place. Once dry, I added some green paints to look like it had been on the bottom on the sea and a couple of shells, I may add more not sure yet. I don't think they look too bad, only a another four to do! As you are full of great ideas, any suggestions for improvement would be appreciated:)

S6302451.jpg
Extra large bauble for Christmas Tree

S6302456.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts