Halloween Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up Chauvet ColorStrip (3), 750W Strobes (3) and Chauvet 1800 Fogger (2). I want to use the ColorStips to wash the house (music activated to Dee Snyder's, Oculus Infernum). So far I tested the strobes (2) and they are a bit overwhelming (1500W light up the street) so I need to use them sparingly. Foggers rock..as long as there is no wind. Purchased 4" drainage tube with nylon cover (Lowes) and ran it 30' across the front of the house in the bushes which helped to cool and concentrate the fog. ColorStrips arrive this week. I'm new to this so would appreciate all suggestions from this forum. I'll upload pictures as I try to combine the props.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
DMX Controller added to equipment

Now the equipment is coming in and I have strated testing it. First thing I realized was that I needed a DMX controller. The "Sound Activated" response was not great on the ColorStrip so I purchased a Chauvet StageDesigner 50 because it had an audio input I could run to the laptop and hopefully controll the audio response better. Turns out it also gives me pretty good control over the equipment rather than relying on the pre-programmed ColorStrip routines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts