Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I wanted to share a video comparison I made.

I have seen several threads on here about which fog machines to buy. Most of them talk about being torn between Chauvet and American DJ. One of my American DJ 1200HD machines stopped working this Halloween and I went to buy a 1700HD from Guitar Center. Unfortunately, they only had a Chauvet Hurricane 1800 FLEX in stock. I bought it figuring it would be just as good. When I tried it, I was disappointed with the output. It seemed very comparable to my 1200HD machines. I returned the Chauvet and ordered an American DJ Fog Storm 1700HD. I am much happier. I think the video explains why.

Maybe this will save someone else some time and energy.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, I noticed that the only reason my 1200HD stopped was because a sensor in the fluid tank stopped working. I just need to buy a new tank.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The 1700 looked to work pretty well. Is it because it did put out more fog or that the fog seemed to hug the ground better ? My concern is that you tested them both on a day that seemed to have some wind. I would be sure about your choice and test on a day where the wind was down and a chiller was used. Also is that the only fogger you now have ? I have several as a back-up because just as you said if they don't work on Halloween you have to scramble to find another.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good questions.

Unfortunately, there was some wind when I did the videos. But the ADJ, without a doubt, produced more fog. The Chauvet produced fog for a shorter duration of time, and in that duration produced less volume.

I will say this. The Chauvet seems almost like a "slow and steady" machine. It puts out less fog, but the warm up time is a little shorter than the ADJ. The ADJ will shoot out a ton of fog but it will have to warm up for a little bit afterward. In retrospect, I wish I included how long each machine took to warm up before shooting fog again. However, like I said, the ADJ out produces the Chauvet.

I also have two ADJ 1200HD's. They have run really well, except that one stopped working this Halloween. I found out that the part responsible was the part in the fog fluid tank that tells the machine there is too little fog fluid. I just need to buy a new tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts