Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,187 Posts
Lurks in the shadows and I use chat when we are apart, and since I am back at school, we have been on in the evenings. A few other people occasionally use chat as well.

It's mainly a matter of being online and in chat at the right time.

·
Zombie Hunter
20,479 Posts
I saw 3 people in there yesterday.I have gone in on occasion and also talked to myself b4 leaving.Its all timing I guess.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
I have never seen the chat room used. Someday I am gonna have to ask a friend to jump in with me.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I think it might be because we're in a different time zone. When us U.K folk tend to be on, the U.S guys will be at work. It's only around 10PM(and after) U.K time that we might catch people on! :p

·
Registered
966 Posts
Last year people would post what time they would 'meet up' in there.
Maybe a weekend would work, more availability.

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
I spend so much time lurking here reading all the threads, by the time I'm through, it have to get off. I've only been in once, there was only one other person...but I really had a nice chat.

We need to start a Chat time list thread...maybe that will help.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
I have been in chat a few times and each time I was the only one. I guess it does not get used very often.

·
Reaper Queen
8,976 Posts
yeah, it doesn't get used as much, have been in several times with a few folks, some times it was set up, some times I just spotted them in. My problem is that by the time I read my visitor page, and hit the threads I want to read, it is late, I am tired, like now I can hardly type, and most days need to get up early for work. But I have enjoyed it when I have been on, maybe we can get it going again!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
The chat room used to be a well used facility on the site, but I believe there were a few problems, some people ended up getting banned and Larry shut it down for a while.
Since it's been back up and running it doesn't seem to be used quite as much.

I've never used it since I have the typing speed of an arthtitic lobster, the conversation would pretty much be over before I got a word in!

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Correct, I use to be there all the time and sometimes there were up to 15 people. a regular party:) I havent seen too many people in there lately though.

·
Premium Member
2,730 Posts
There are 86,400 seconds in a day. Even if 10,000 members popped in for one second a day to see that nobody was in there and left, then chances are that you would not see people.

It is not that people do not go there, it is people do not stay there at the same time.

For those who want to chat, a schedule is certainly something to consider.

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
Hey UK, I was also noticing that there wasn't anyone in the chatroom. But lately I have been running into Dog and Lurk in there fairly regularly. I usually go into the chat in the evening 7-8 ish. Hopefully we can run into each other and have a good Halloween talk. :)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,649 Posts
As was mentioned, setting a time frame for people to join in might be a good idea. Usually a weeknight in the evening (weekends tend to be busy for most folks). On another site I belonged to, we'd set up a chat session for Tuesday nights at 9:00 p.m. We had a good crowd for up to a couple hours. Another neat thing is to set up chat topics for people interested in a certain thing. Not designed to be a random social gathering but a "session" on a particular topic of interest. Each session would have a "facilitator" (member well versed in the topic) who would kind of steer the conversation. Example; Terra offers to run a chat session on tombstones. Any interested members pop in with their questions/input and it becomes a mini seminar. Not all chat times have to be structured but it gets people involved. IME, even a random chat session often becomes "exclusive", with a core group being involved in a conversation and any newcomers feeling left out. The topic chats are esigned to be inclusive for anyone interested, even if they just log in and "listen" to what is being said. Maybe as Halloween nears, we could set a time to meet in the chat. What nights/times work for everyone? Would anyone be interested in 'hosting" a topic chat?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts