Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These Character Tombstones were created using Dow Supertuff-R Polyisocynanurate Insulation Foam, recycled cardboard and homemade papier mache clay.

The results are something like my pumpkins, tree faces mixed and mashed with some Jim Henson and HR Puffnstuff. The largest tombstone stands 3 ½ feet tall while the two smaller tombstones stand about 2 ½ feet tall.

The resulting pieces were fairly easy to create and will add a fun and unique element to our Halloween cemetery.

This was a freebie project because I had all the materials on-hand, the foam was recycled panels from an old garage door. The eyes were lit with small twinkle-style Christmas tree light bulbs.

Complete instructions can be found on my website at:
STOLLOWEEN Character Tombstones

·
Registered
109 Posts
Excellent work

Your work is always fantastic. I especially love your design but then being able to execute so well,.. I'm very jealous. My paper mache' skills are no where near this.. I'm going to HAVE to try again some more this year.

Freshly Doug

A

·
0 Posts
I've been following your work for awhile and it's always amazing! Thanks for sharing and keep up your great work!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I never fail to be impressed with your creativity Scott.

These are fantastic!

·
Registered
481 Posts
excellent. Can you give me a tutorial of how to do them? I would like to try the same, but instead of using tombstones I would like to do those faces on dead oak trees. Hope you answer me back!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
excellent. Can you give me a tutorial of how to do them? I would like to try the same, but instead of using tombstones I would like to do those faces on dead oak trees. Hope you answer me back!
All the info (including Tree faces) can be found on Scotts website. If you haven't been there yet, it's well worth a visit.

STOLLOWEEN

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Yes! Very NICE!

Paper mache!?
Is there another kind of mache?
Steel mache? Harder to work with but more impervious.
? hahahaha!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Paper mache!?
Is there another kind of mache?
Steel mache? Harder to work with but more impervious.
? hahahaha!
Unless you get it really really hot! Then it works good, just don't put it on your foam skulls.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts