Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a recent annual trip to a local haunted attraction (Nightmare New England), I've decided to shake up our outdoor music a bit this year. Typically we play about 8 tracks from Midnight Syndicate's Vampyre album, but this local haunt plays some rock music outside of their mansion themed haunt. I was able to track down the name of one of the songs, and plan to mix that along with a few other rock songs into our songs from Vampyre. Here is the song that I was able to get from the local haunt, and I was hoping you all might have some other song suggestions from the same genre that I could use as well.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,674 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what genre that is, but here are some suggestions I think may work for your haunt:

"What Do I Have To Do" by Stabbing Westward...........

"This House Is Haunted" by Alice Cooper.............

"#1 Crush" by Garbage........................................

"Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of These)" by Marilyn Manson....

"Living Dead Girl" by Rob Zombie..............................

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iTunes has it listed as rock, but I'm not opposed to other somewhat similar genres as long as it gives the feel I'm going for. I never even thought of Marilyn Manson until you suggested him but that's actually a great idea!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,279 Posts
Check out some Siouxsie and the Banshees too. Something like Red Light? Old school punk stuff that is slightly "off."

And that song is just a remix of A Perfect Circle's "Pet" song. Check out their album (thirteenth step) for the original and listen to the following track "Lullaby" that matches up with it - could be seriously creepy stuff if you wanted to play with it. And check out Maynard's other band... Tool. ;)

I'd look for industrial genre as well, as that is what this remix sounds like.

Some NineInchNails (really most of their stuff would be interesting to use for a Halloween display):

And also look at some Nick Cave/Bad Seeds - not quite the same, but still very creepy but fun stuff for Halloween:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts