Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to change my user name? I registered here way back in 2014 and didn't realize when I typed in my name that it would use my legal last name as part of my full profile name. I'd love to get that taken off and just go as Tye Rannosaurus.

Also, I've been a werewolf for AGES and I see so many others with cool statuses...how do I change mine to something else?

***Update*** Ironically enough, this post was apparently post number 100 for me so I am now officially a Crypt Keeper. I'm fine with that title. But still trying to figure out how to take my last name off my profile.

Thank you!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
To change your status/blurb under your name, you have to reach 500 posts (custom user name allowed at that point).

Ghost 0-9 Posts
Zombie (after 10 posts)
Vampire (after 25 Posts)
Werewolf (after 50 Posts
Crypt Keeper (after 100 Posts
The Great Pumpkin (after 150 Posts)
* Custom Title / Member's Choice * (after 500 posts)

After 500 posts you can choose your own title:
Go into your User Control Panel
Then "Edit Profile"
Then enter your Custom name

To change your member name, (remove the last name, change it completely), send a PM with the name change request to the Halloween Forum Admin:
http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/halloweenadmin.html
(or click their name, and you should get the option to send a PM)

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I recognize this is an older thread, but just wanted to keep the questions consolidated. I signed up about a year ago and finally getting myself back on the site. I realized my username being displayed is my email. Not really thrilled with that since many spam crawlers can easily scrape that from the site. I don't see anyway to change your display name.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
I recognize this is an older thread, but just wanted to keep the questions consolidated. I signed up about a year ago and finally getting myself back on the site. I realized my username being displayed is my email. Not really thrilled with that since many spam crawlers can easily scrape that from the site. I don't see anyway to change your display name.
You have to directly contact HalloweenAdmin to request a name change. They're the person right above your post in this thread, but here's a link to their page and just shoot them a private message (conversation) and tell them what you'd like to change your name to and they should get back to you within a day or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts