Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know that this deserves its own thread, but I was having a hard time getting excited about Halloween this year. Less free time and a lack of inspiration left me dragging when I thought about setting up. I considered a couple of possible new themes and/or props as well as just doing what I've done before, but just wasn't getting my mojo.

Then I got the notion to take my show on the road. My mom is getting on and doesn't do much for Halloween, but she has always loved kids and her neighborhood is full of young families. So, I decided to set up at her house this year. At my place, I usually trickle things out in the 3-4 weeks leading up, but I think Halloween will just show up at her place the morning of the 31st and disappear that evening. Except for my harbinger, "Timmy" (my life-size TOTer in a ghost sheet) - he goes out in her yard this weekend.

We'll have dinner at her place and the kids will TOT a different neighborhood. Now I'm starting to get excited.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
That's a great idea and a really nice thing to do for your mom.

Should be a real treat for all the families in that neighborhood, too.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Right on, Dex, and getting the old lady into it...priceless! This will rekindle the fire within you.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
There's something magical about a regular place becoming "haunted" in the twinkling of an eye...or, at least overnight.
No one knows what to expect, as they've not had the chance to watch, let alone prepare for, whatever has been set in place.
Having it all disappear just as quickly will also add to that air of mystery.

What a great way to rejuvenate your creativity!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I love that idea! Sometimes the best thing you can do when you're feeling down is to switch your focus to someone else. It brings them joy while lifting your own spirit; it's a win-win situation. Hope you and your mom have a great Halloween! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts