Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of props from Spirit Halloween that work fine with the wireless remote also from SH. But I have one animation I bought from Amazon that the motion sensing is iffy at best. It has a push to test button that seems to work fine but no other connections, it runs only on batteries, no AC connector. It's the standing old hag with candy dish if that helps.

I am wondering if I can either cut out and replace the push to test with a 3.5 mm connection that would fit the wireless remote or maybe splice the line so I can have both the push to test and the 3.5 mm connection? Also any recommendation on where I can find the right connector?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I have a couple of props from Spirit Halloween that work fine with the wireless remote also from SH. But I have one animation I bought from Amazon that the motion sensing is iffy at best. It has a push to test button that seems to work fine but no other connections, it runs only on batteries, no AC connector. It's the standing old hag with candy dish if that helps.

I am wondering if I can either cut out and replace the push to test with a 3.5 mm connection that would fit the wireless remote or maybe splice the line so I can have both the push to test and the 3.5 mm connection? Also any recommendation on where I can find the right connector?

Thanks in advance!
Typically those "test" buttons are the same as a "Try Me" button so yes, any type of open switch should trigger the prop. The 3.5mm jack is an 1/8" phono jack, looks like an audio jack but it only has 2 segments not 3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts